Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Yawgmoth posted:

Where does Siivola say anything of that sort? All I see is bitching about life & death stakes and being cynical about survival. Which is needless hyperbole since the only game you could even come close to making that assertion about is D&D, and even there it's a rather tough sell. Maybe I'm just reading an entirely different set of books or something, but I doubt it.
I have more issue with the snide tone of it all than the actual content. I think it's poor form to be so resentful of a pretty basic facet of the hobby and not only let it show, but to actively showcase it in a thing you are selling to that hobby's audience. There's a right way and a wrong way to say that sort of stuff, and "well if you tried you could find a way to avoid fighting but since you aren't going to I'll have to tell you. :smug:" is definitely the wrong way in my opinion.

Given Stolze also did Wild Talents, Godlike, Better Angels and the kill damage rules for new delta green, which all feature lots of rules on making other people dead, you're very wrong on thinking he's 'resentful of a pretty basic facet of the hobby'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread