Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Len posted:

They're cool with a guy who did time for drugs though?
They're not the same crime at all though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Lightning Lord posted:

Tell me it's called Bathminder.
It's three games he's cleverly... er... "cleverly"... named O.L.D, N.E.W., and N.O.W.

They use a weird d6 system and seem totally unnecessary.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/whats-old-is-new-two-crunchy-roleplaying-games

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So I got my $15 copy of Eoris Essence. And this thing is bugfuck insane. Beautiful, but also :catstare:. Super happy with the purchase, though I feel bad for the author since this is such a labor of love.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Covok posted:

How is it bugfuck insane, exaclty?
Well the author implies that the game is a tool for spiritual enlightenment (and possibly... real?) right off the bat, for one.

It's also got a lot of rules and even more :words:. Weird words. It's like a 90's game. An early nineties game.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Covok posted:

Like, does it come off as a character or his actual thoughts?

...Well then.
Definitely the latter.

On p. 11 there's a "Roleplaying in Eoris" section.

quote:

Eoris was not merely created as a role-playing game, or as a setting for a fantastical land, or as literature, or even as art. It was conceived as another way to understand the universe we live in.This conception, although not completely bound by rationality and experimentation, seems real to its creator. The purpose of this conception is to awaken our inner universe and to open peoples' hearts to the beauty of their own ideals and concepts of reality. Some people base their ideas on science, others on religion, and others on emotions, yet all of these paths are equally valuable. All ideas and perspectives should be valued for diversity is a part of the universe's true reality; the eradication of an idea is, after all, the extinction of a point of view. Eoris Essence is one of the many theories of our existence; it is a vision of essence shared by its creator and expressed through you as you experience it.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Aaaand bought.
If you collect RPGs at all, this is totally worth $15.

I am not entirely sure it's playable, but it's at least more comprehensible than Immortal: The Invisible War, and I paid more for that back in the early 90's

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Covok posted:

Cool. I really like that. Pick up and play chargen is best chargen in my book. Wanted to be sure because I remember people being mad that full chargen wasn't in the book or something like that.
Yeah, it works out really great in practice. Customization happens down-stream. As it stands, you have like 39 choices, so it's not like you're starved for options.

I wish my package was already here. :( Playing again tomorrow.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Evil Mastermind posted:

My copy of Eoris just arrived.

Holy crap this thing is huge.

Yeah it's more than a bit overwhelming. The 3-point font in some of the poems is crazy.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I never read that part before, but I'd say it's a pretty important thing to put in a modern-day, non-action-oriented RPG where you're trying to capture a specific tone. Violence IRL is a pretty big deal, psychologically, and if that's what you're aiming for, handling it with the appropriate gravity sounds like a good move.

The last remark was maybe unnecessary, but I really don't understand all the angst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Wasn't sure if this belonged in Chat or Grogstxt.

https://medium.com/kickstarter/total-party-kill-3898fb82b5fb

• Locked thread