Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah, it works out really great in practice. Customization happens down-stream. As it stands, you have like 39 choices, so it's not like you're starved for options.

And if you do want to make a custom archetype, I more-or-less reverse engineered a point buy system from the existing archetypes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Covok posted:

Still looking over Feng Shui 2 and I'm wondering if I'm wrong in thinking the Everyday Hero playbook is kind of lovely. Like, it doesn't look like it gets enough to keep up.

There are a couple of subpar archetypes. Everyday Hero is one of them, Supernatural Creature is another. It's generally not a huge problem, but it can come up.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

occamsnailfile posted:

How would one potentially go about buffing those to balance them out? I haven't read the rules closely yet but my book is coming and I am excite.

For Everyday Hero I'd probably upgrade their Improvised Weapon Mastery to +2, like Versatile Master, and also give it the Signature Weapon effect (+3 damage). Maybe throw in Battle Scavenge I to let them use their central gimmick with Guns too. That'll bring their initial output up to snuff, and they have good enough Schtick availability that they can keep up once the game starts rolling so long as they don't have to play catch-up first.

Supernatural Creature is harder. It doesn't have a clear central theme (maybe 'hard hitting tank'?), and it's not particularly good at much between it's low attack skill and lack of any sort of abilities to take advantage of. Regeneration isn't a substantial amount of tankiness either. It's damage is moderately high, but not spectacular, and it's not enough to make up for it's mediocre Schticks. You'd probably be better off reflavoring another archetype or making your own for a more specific kind of supernatural creature than try to fix the existing one.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

grassy gnoll posted:

Somebody sell me on Battle Century G, please.

I haven't looked at it, but GGG was pretty good, and this is apparently a more refined version of it.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Glazius posted:

For the record, the screed that may or may not be in question:

There's some merit to that. If you character is a person who lives more-or-less normally in society, outright murder should be a big deal.

• Locked thread