Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Ningyou posted:

Disturb you? No, nononono, dear friend, you misunderstand. You see....my terrible posting is my gift to you, sweet Effectronica, a gift from the bottom of my heart, a gift only one of refined tastes -- one such as yourself -- would be able to properly appreciate.

*licks the screen, tongue lingering and tracing swirls over a Good Post* De~li~cious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Harrow posted:

I'm tempted to create a tabletop gaming music thread. I'm about to ask my players to go along with some... different music choices for some upcoming boss fights and someone should probably tell me that it's going to be jarring (not in the good way) switch them from generally atmospheric music that avoids sounding too modern (like some Witcher 3 combat music) to things like, well, the Titan theme from FFXIV. My intention is for it to be intentionally jarring, because I'm reserving modern musical genres for otherworldly or extremely monstrous enemies, but I worry it'll be jarring in a bad way.

(I definitely need to be talked out of using Shiva's theme, too.)

If you want something that sounds more modern but fitting with fantasy, I suppose you could try the Drakengard soundtrack, which is mostly samples of orchestral music remade to sound rather jarring and dark. It might be a little too much though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnZcNsaa-98&index=38&list=PL9C76300F15CC9EBD

Also if you haven't heard of Drakengard, I recommend to never actually play any of the games in the series because they all suck.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

01011001 posted:

Nier is worth playing, but definitely not the others.

Yeah, I liked Nier. It was pretty decent.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The new options Fighters get in the Glorantha expansion seem really nice, at least, and easy enough to adapt to normal 13th Age.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Man, I have no idea what setting I wanna run next time I GM a d20 game. Dark Sun is cool because I like deserts and survivalist stuff, Ravenloft is nice because it's got some decent spooky stuff, and Glorantha is great because it's super detailed and has so much variety.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Urban Eberron campaign that takes place entirely in Sharn.

Been there, done that.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Dark Sun with Eberron Lightning Rails and magical chariots so you can do a Fury Road game

:eyepop: holy moly

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
You can also offer it to players when they're struggling in a fight. For example, if the angry drow swordmaiden lands a crit on the party's unlucky rogue that would render him dead, you can say that he instead uses one weird trick the Prince of Shadows discovered that drow hate that turns the crit into a standard hit, if he agrees to spend his 6 that he rolled on his Icon roll with the Prince.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I will never forgive WoTC for not getting an Eberron videogame with the 4E engine.

Blame Atari for squatting on the license and not doing anything worthwhile with it for the entire 4th edition era.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Len posted:

Hey if he's unrepentant then sure why not. But I dunno. Seems like a stretch to go "Hey you can't be in our hobby" yet be completely okay with all the other creepy people that play magic. I guess as long as you don't get in trouble for sexually harassing (yes aware that's lower than rape) they don't care that dudes get creepy around women all the time.

He's a rapist, man. Yes, it's poo poo that not much is done to get rid of pervs and creeps at tournaments, but that guy literally raped someone and Wizards of the Coast knows about it. Doesn't matter if he's repentant or not, he cannot be allowed to go to public events like this. I don't think you're an awful person, but you're really missing the point.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Yawgmoth posted:

Most people don't think "I could run a [hobby] store because I like [hobby] a lot!" but for some reason about half the roleplayers I know think they could run a book/comic/card shop all the way to untold riches.

Eh, I see that all the time with people who have hobbies completely unrelated to gaming. People just have unrealistic expectations sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Tulpa posted:

eye divine cybermancy is really really bad. They promise you like ten million different ways to play the game, and while ostensibly this is the case, you're better off just shooting everyone with the gun you get in the tutorial of the game because it is literally the easiest most effective option in every scenario.

If you never tasted the joy of using the Bear Killer, then I am sorry for you.

• Locked thread