Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Evil Mastermind posted:

A bunch of developers on Google+ (including one who's a friend of mine) are posting pics of the old Torg d20 and saying "The Storm Is Coming".

I want a new edition of Torg so badly I'm willing to kill up to four of you guys to get it, but I also know it's probably not going to have a better system.

I heard its going to be back using Savage Worlds rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

unseenlibrarian posted:

So what you're saying is that from a certain point of view it -will- be using the Rifts system.

Yeah, basically. I think TORG fans would just love the chance to do Megadamage to things.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

NinjaDebugger posted:

The attraction of TORG, mechanically, is that as you travel from genre to genre, the rules change to reinforce that genre. That's a great loving win for rules reinforcing the setting. I still have, in the back of my head, the idea of running TORGWORLD using things like:

Core Earth: Spirit of 77
Orrorsh: That one urban horror setting whose name I can't remember
Nippon Tech: The Sprawl
Aysle: Dungeon World
The Cyberpapacy: heavily reskinned Sixth World (the shadowrun hack)
Living Land: Apoc World
Nile Empire: Inverse World or whatever pulp world I can find.

You'd have to make a damage/hp conversion of some sort, but other than that, gently caress it, whatever genre you're currently in, their rules are the default unless you burn possibility energy to impose your own genre.

While this is an interesting idea, I'd have to say that Apoc World wouldn't work for the Living Land.

Also concepts like the Drama deck should be converted over to TORGWORLD. The deck allowed for the players to affect the narrative in ways they normally wouldn't be able to do.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Has anyone played Outbreak undead: deep space or just the basic game? I'm kinda curious to see what other people think of this game.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Jackard posted:

I remember reading that but nothing called Unknown Armies. Did it have something to do with GURPS?

I don't think so. GURPS combat is fairly deadly, but the books don't discuss how brutal it can be in play.

• Locked thread