Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Enough, worm! Your creepy and unsightly way of shitposting insults the heaven and earth! To prevent you from further sullying the land, my fist shall destroy your flesh and contaminate the very bone within! Messatsu!

Raging demon is cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Please do not insult anyone's friends, thank you

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Len posted:

Man you guys are making me want to pick up the 13th Age book because it sounds genuinely interesting. It was goon made wasn't it?

I doubt I will though since it's hard to get people around to play a tabletop RPG and there's already Shadowrun I'm trying to learn.

Strike was the goon made RPG, but 13th Age had people involved posting here at one point or another

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The palicos are basically the best thing to ever happen to gaming.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Helical Nightmares posted:

Thinking about it, the only "sandbox" horror game I've seen that appears to work is the Arkham Horror boardgame.

:whitewater:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Helical Nightmares posted:

Is it just me or are other people finding playing/listening to D&D/d20 combat ... boring and tedious? Every encounter take at least an hour.
:shrug:

its literally only you

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if you want something with grid combat that isn't actually that crunchy (ie no barrage of +1 buffs flying everywhere, no separate rolls for damage and attacks, streamlined defenses) Strike is a really strong option for something lighthearted and corny like that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Not playing MtG is a reward, not a punishment.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

goodness posted:

Your point is great, though Ii disagree on the punishment part. It is a punishment by definition. But that is not a bad thing. He raped someone and harmed their life in a way that can never repaired. He should be punished.

Presumably he was punished, by going to prison as mandated by the state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Yawgmoth posted:

That's because nerds are embarrassingly bad when it comes to budgeting/finances/economics unless it involves imaginary money to buy something in-game for their character. Then they go through some arcane metamorphosis and channel the collective knowledge of the investment banking industry as a whole to get the absolute highest ROI possible.

This is as opposed to everyone else, who is definitely very good at finances and economics

• Locked thread