Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

Race Realists posted:

I've been holding this for the longest time, but I've finally decided to go through with it:

I feel like this is an important enough issue to be discussed in full and with perspectives from all sides (yes, all sides. Just be sure to give a rational reason why you feel ideology A gets way too vilified or gets unfair precedence of ideology B )

Basically, what makes a person turn to these particular ideologies? Lack of education or information? A great majority of the people I come across online with these ideologies are ironically young men with Middle Class income with Graduate Degrees. Hell, some are married with children.

What exactly is the problem here? They usually reside nowhere near the areas they deem unsafe

OP, who are these people you want to otherize? Should I hate them or just condescendingly brush them off?

TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

Race Realists posted:

Please state your worldview/grievances here. Just state your reasons for believing in such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fOpLDc2RF0

As for grievances life seems pretty good actually.

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

croc suit posted:

Everything you nerds have posted in this thread applies equally to internet marxists except also pedo poo poo and sexual deviancy lmfao

It's amazing how much internet reactionaries and internet radicals have in common, at the end of the day. Like going off the deep end ideologically is a normal response to being unhappy with your place in the world but feeling powerless to change it.

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

Miltank posted:

You mean they both notice the same flaws in liberalism?

While at the same time not being capable enough to succeed in a liberal world. Or their ideal world were it realized, because the source of their discontent is ultimately internal.

• Locked thread