Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
It's a backlash from the election of Barack Obama, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

croc suit posted:

Rename to Zeitgueist supporter thread

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Race Realists posted:

The main reason I even made this thread is because I feel these particular groups are growing at an alarming rate. Its gotten to a point where they cannot be ignored anymore.

They still can, actually. They're less mainstream than even a minor twitter blowup.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Race Realists posted:

Its not just America, look at what's going on in the UK and Europe.

Those are old-school racists. This stuff might emerge after another decade or two into the mainstream, in the same way that similar fringe nonsense from the aftermath of Watergate and Watts became the core of the militia movement in the 90s, but right now its main figure is a dude who calls himself "Mencius Moldbug".

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

wateroverfire posted:

OP, who are these people you want to otherize? Should I hate them or just condescendingly brush them off?

TIA.

They're racists and fascists, so you should feel right at home.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
The key to understanding many of the crimes of revolutionary regimes is the existence of people like croc suit. Behind his sneering facade lies the institutionalization of dissenters in the USSR, the violence of the Terror, the Cultural Revolution. Rooting his predecessors out prompted the Cultural Revolution, the purges, the Terror itself, ultimately. Because he is incapable of behaving justly, only following blindly whatever ideology he latched on to, he is inherently counter-revolutionary when the goal is a just society. The eternal challenge is how to remove him from any kind of power without bloodshed and without hurting innocents.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

wateroverfire posted:

While at the same time not being capable enough to succeed in a liberal world. Or their ideal world were it realized, because the source of their discontent is ultimately internal.

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Series DD Funding posted:

Supporting policies where you get more power isn't "stupid." In fact d&d posters regularly love talking about how "stupid" voters are for allegedly doing the opposite

N-noo.... not "D&D posters"... your blatant hypocrisy is my kryptoniteeeeeee....

• Locked thread