Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

bartlebyshop posted:

The forums they do best in are ones where it's fine to say women shouldn't be able to vote because they're stupid and irrational, but when a woman gets upset/emotional and calls them a "shithead" or worse a "misogynist", the woman gets banned.

Its mostly started like /pol/, wizardchan and parts of reddit and after GG blew up, it started spreading to other Chan boards. It mostly just lurks their now. I honestly think alot of it was started in the beginning as troll groups and as hosed up jokes. eventually they started believe their own asinine bullshit. /pol/ was started as a containment board/ debate board eventually it turned into what it is today.

Its actualy sad because one of my best friend fell into this crowed and now he believes all the poo poo about how the rich bilderberg groups/rich jews are going force the stalinest progressive through false issues and russia and the rest of the BRIC nations will destroy the west or some poo poo. it sucks because he used to be extremely interesting to debate politics/anything with. and he learned most of it from /pol/.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

by their logic, wouldnt they be the "cuckservatives". I mean these stupid fucks would lose even harder to the left/centrists then the "cucks" do. The open awful race poo poo alone would do them in. sure they may get the GOP base happy, but it would destroy them everywhere else. a dark part of me hopes they have a role in this election so i can watch more gasoline be thrown on the GOP housefire.

Guavanaut posted:

The NRx Overton window:

e: Also :lol: at the fact that they don't have anything left of the SPLC. :ussr::anarchists:

how are cruz, perry and santorum on the cuckservative side. because they dont advocate blacks get exiled/gassed?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Helsing posted:

Jesus, listening to this guy is like being stuck at a family dinner table inbetween your creepy sexist uncle and your dorky virgin cousin.

Also I feel like this comment from that video really sums up a lot of the Dark Enlightenment crap:

Here we've got someone who watches youtube videos about World of Warcraft yet yearns for a return to the imagined authenticity of the pre-modern world, and fixates on poorly misunderstood historical figures who are thought to embody those premodern values.

pretty much, but Richthofen is an interesting figure and you have to have massive balls to fly and fight in one of those planes. they didnt have parachutes until the end of the war. the commentators knightly stuff is bullshit, i like Beethoven alot, hell i even find Bismark a fascinating and cunning figure in a historical sense. but this guy is a dumbshit. He probaly got most of it from /pol/ threads. Then again i am one of those sadbrains who likes /his/ board on 4chan. so i probaly can't judge.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 27, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hbomberguy posted:

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread before now. Not just because I find these groups unendingly hilarious, but also because their existence at all is an indictment of the internet.

People pay attention to crazy opinions and vile garbage, even ones they don't like, so you have several Professional Opinion Havers on YouTube who might as well be characters invented for a joke, saying the wrong thing, on purpose, for money. They're a real-life version of those monsters powered by attention in that Simpsons special. I have to constantly check if people I plan to cover in future videos aren't Poes. I threw out two videos completely because I became convinced they were a joke, they were too funny and sad to be unintentional.

Aurini's perspective on life and religion has shifted so much in the years he's been active that he attains the even worse position of being someone who gave up on any kind of genuine position long ago. He parrots the views of whichever group he wants to get 'in' with. When Sargon etc. realised he was a shitstain (honor among idiots) and finally rejected him, he very suddenly shifted into a more religious viewpoint and started vying for the attentions of a more religious-y group that likes to try and turn MLP into conservative jesus-propaganda. I should go find that video, holy poo poo

Like at this point he is unironically tweeting pictures of the satirically-over-religious things Flanders did on the Simpsons.

oh, retard kain. yeah i am not surprised. the dude was on on knife's edge with super scary right wing poo poo. when sargon told him to gently caress off because he was an insane scaming nutjob he went all in. I mean the dude was posing with skulls and screaming about how blacks were taking the women.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

after looking, i found a review of the new star wars movie by him. http://www.staresattheworld.com/201...f-a-broken-boy/ SPOILERS abound also he doesnt like finn or rey. and you learn in the comics that his favourite scifi/fantasy characters was Rorschach which explains alot.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

Alan Moore's primary inspiration for Rorschach was the lunatic objectivism of fellow Comics Guy Steve Ditko; for conservative creeps to enjoy the character is not entirely unlike their enjoying Steven Colbert. It's downright Borgesesque (Borgesian? Borgestic?).

Borgesesque? pretty much, Rorschach is an interesting somewhat tragic character but if you take him at face value and want that to be your role model. you may have issues. Then again i liked hosed up characters too (like tywin lannister, stannis barrathion, the galactic empire, the impirum of man other weird nerdy poo poo.) but then again i dont view them as role models to use for life choices.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 28, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's pretty easy to agree with Rorschach on your first read through Watchmen; it's something you have to read multiple times to really get different characters' takes on the situation, and Rorschach's very, well, comic-book view of the world is easy to comprehend: Ozymandias killed a ton of people, therefore he is Guilty/Evil/Scum. That said, if you go around declaring him your favorite character and talk about how right he is you pretty clearly haven't thought about Watchmen that critically!

basicaly everyone is piece of poo poo in watchmen in one way or another except Hollis Mason and Bubastis

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

This wasn't bad at the start then he stopped actually talking about the movie and began ranting about stuff.

pretty much, the dude has major issues with women and minoritis which is an understatement.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Suitaru posted:

I know you just made a typo but "minoritis" sounds hilarious and/or depressing. Imagine Donald "Maybe it says he's a Muslim" Trump shouting that to Make America Great Again we must cure her of her "minor-itis"

probaly.

back on fake kane. reading more of his stuff (gently caress me) apparently his view of women is that they should just be mothers and babymakers and thats it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.staresattheworld.com/
his full blog.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ddraig posted:

I think it's nice that he's at least honest in that he is "trained" as a Historian as opposed to actually being competent, or even qualified, as it seems he's got his entire notion of Chivalry and Chivalric Orders from popular Romances as opposed to actual historical record, which is pretty bleak, dismal and doesn't paint them in a hugely positive light, assuming you see "being of benefit to society and the advancement of humanity" as a positive, of course, which I'm not sure he does.

he probably unironically thinks westeros has a good political set up.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I know he didn't come up with it, but every time I see some piece of poo poo call Finn "Mace Dindu" it makes my goddamn skin crawl.

indeed.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

so much about aruini screams identity crisis, like how he's constantly waving about all these tokens and symbols of manhood or how he bitterly hates women with opinions. people don't keep asserting that they're big strong manly men because they're confident in their masculinity, and they don't summarize their lives with a pretty standard milestone if they're confident in their abilities and achievements

its because he is a superficial sadbrain. He needs to feel important and not impotent like he probaly does most of the most of the time. he doesn't feel confident in himself and his masculinty and so he buries himself in /pol/ right wing bullshit to feel important because there he stronk whiteman and hate that women arnt just baby factories for his small cock.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 28, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ddraig posted:

Yeah, he clearly has issues. It's almost tempting to have a degree of sympathy for him, but then again he has a plastic skull called McArthur so gently caress him.

I feel some sympathy for sargon and some of the others, but not kane. Kane is prick.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hbomberguy posted:

Aurini 'studied for a degree' but I've never seen him directly mention having one. He feels like he knows enough to give advice to PhD students tho.

history? because he is retard if he has a history degree. Then again my major is history and all it has done is made me some what jaded about everything.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

My favorite part of this is that he appeals to "those of you out there who have EXPERIENCE with women" as if he's appealing to people who have been to India, or people who have worked as a airline pilot.

I mean, he knows his audience.

true. he seems like the type that beats his gf if she ever disagreed with him.

Jack Gladney posted:

The police report from when he beat his girlfriend says that she wouldn't let him wear his special helmet while watching a movie and that's how their fight started. That's everything you need to know about him, even though it raises tons of questions also.

like this. what helmet? does he wear a loving stalheim when ever he has violent sex with her.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

Motorcycle helmet. I guess he was planning to leave on a motorcycle and I made it much better in my imagination:

Life with him seems like an awesome experience straight out of 1990s Lifetime original movies or possibly Gaslight.

wow what a crap judge.

Darth Walrus posted:

The thing about Rorschach is that while he's a profoundly messed-up person, it's easy to argue that his response to the story's ending was, in fact, the correct one. Ozymandias's gambit may have worked in the short-term, but the story drops a lot of hints that he just papered over deep-rooted problems in human society by killing millions of people, and that his new peace won't last long (poo poo, just look at his name). Dan, Laurie, and Jon are just overwhelmed by the whole thing and flee in their own different ways, leaving the insane conspiracy theorist as the only one trying to bring one of history's greatest mass-murderers to justice.

pretty much.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Wasn't Rorschach literally a diagnosed schizophrenic? He's basically "What if the Joker was Batman?".

yeah, but i dont see him as a joker type. he is more like what if the mentaly ill homeless man who carrys the "gently caress the world" sign was a costumed vigilante who actualy good at his job.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cingulate posted:

The strange thing is, even Aurini should acknowledge that the people doing crucifixions were on the wrong side of history. E.g., crucifying Jesus, or Germanic slaves. And surely even he would agree that beyond all of the things the Nazis did he agrees with, the low popularity of putting unwilling humans in ovens these days is, all in all, a good thing.

And then, maybe theologian and historian Aurini is making a complicated point here about the difference between crucifixion and crucifiction.

the article he is attacking is pretty retarded. it has the right idea, but because salon sucks. Yeah alot of great people, even progressive people held lovely awful beliefs. it seems stupid to me to attack dudes who have been dead almost 100 years using modern liberal values. I get schools dont educate kids enough on the real stories of america and they should. but no one in history would be a great person would never hold up to modern social values. I am saying this as a history major, because my classes always taught us it was stupid to judge people from modern standards. that said Jefferson was rapist monster.

alot of the arguments (the new deal having racist elements, the constitution keeping slavery) are met with no shits by most history people. I think all that stuff should be taught but this article just kinda sucks. they are just learning that history is full of awful poo poo that may help some but fucks over others. its sucks alot
But they are right that white nationalism/racism is on the rise with people like trump.

http://www.salon.com/2015/12/22/whi...dium=socialflow

but either way. Aurini is dumb fascist gently caress who is impotently lives through his race in hopes that some sadbrain nerds will thing he is smart.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

He slobbers all over Beethoven even though the guy was by the standards of his time an ultraliberal who hated monarchy and wrote an incredibly over the topmusical arrangement of a poem by another liberal about how national divisions and other hatreds are stupid and we should embrace the brotherhood of all men (OK women are kind of left out but it was 1824, cut the dude some slack).

"There are many dukes in the world. There is only one Beethoven."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

while i have seen poly relationship stuff being pushed by random weirdos on tumblr/twitter. and this sadbrain http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/what-open-marriage-taught-one-man-about-feminism.html (its not about feminism, its about a dude rationalizing being of ok with his wife openly cheating on him, its kinda sad) how is it the JEWS doing. i know the jews are the "ironic" boogieman of the /pol/ and parts of the right. but still.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ill just leave this here, in all its insanity.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hbomberguy posted:

I've never seen anyone honestly attempt to start a real conversation on twitter or 4chan or anything like that. It's way easier to decide conversation is impossible and become a weirdo shitheel who comments on youtube videos and argues with other nobodies on the opposite side of the fence, usually by fantasizing about them having a bearded neck, than actually try to have one.

The SA forums are cool because people who at least are willing to give it a shot seem to congregate here.

honestly, devils advocate time. 4chan has gotten a better after 8chan came into being because most of the nutjobs/creeps moved there. plus 4chan has /histories and humanities/ board which isnt to bad, and the mods keep it from being /pol/ jr. yeah /pol/ and /b/ still exist, but i don't go on /pol/ so it doesnt matter.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

So is this lady a Dark Enlightenment acolyte or some weird kind of counter-element within the same universe?

http://www.vice.com/read/is-reducing-the-male-population-by-90-percent-the-solution-to-all-our-problems?utm_source=vicefbus

The social construction thing sounds very anti-, but the technocratic rationalist sex sepratism and antinatalism sound very pro-. And I don't know whether this is hell or paradise for the MRA dorks.

nah, she sounds more like a tumblr nut/ biting beaver era(the old something awful subject from 2000 something)feminists. Vice is know to be left leaning/progresive and probably wouldn't post an opinion piece by some dark endarkenment wanker. a mra dude would have the roles reversed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

Gavin McInnes is definitely on the periphery of the dork enlightenment, though he has zero influence on Vice today. It might be more "punk rock" contrarian than leftist, though.

I meant modern vice, not old vice. I am mixed with new vice. alot good articles and videos but alot of meh opinion pieces and alot hur dur weird sex???!!! articles.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bushiz posted:

new vice needs to keep the lights on and the outrage generated by sex articles written by non hetero dudes does that.

i dont really mind it just gets boring after while. i mean vice is much better then gawker when it comes to the amount of clickbate/ get mad articles.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

divabot posted:

I must say, it was nice to be able to say about Gamergate "too odious for 4chan".

Ehh, he's a Taki's Mag racist. They aren't really NRx, in that they can write concisely and have senses of humour (at least somewhat). You'll see NRx in the comments on Taki's but never in the bylines, because oh my loving God they're the worst writers ever.

Or PERHAPS NOT. Cingulate shat up the other thread with enough multi-page digressions, please don't encourage him here too.

its not just GG poo poo, that mostly dead anyway. its more creepy sex nuts and super /pol/ nuts.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Munin posted:

The "beautiful young man dying a heroic death" is part of a more general German cultural thing and that motif is most closely associated with "Sturm und Drang" in particular. "Sturm und Drang" was a reaction against the rationalism of the enlightenment which several young male writers in particular felt lacked blood and passion. Goethe's "The Sorrows of Young Werther" was the most successful work of the movement and became a breakthrough hit across Europe and led to young men across the continent topping themselves in dramatic ways or adopt the dress and style of the hero of the novel. Goethe himself ended up slightly pissed at the fact that despite all the other great works he created he often was only popularly known as that guy who wrote Werther.

The reason why the nazis glommed onto it in particular is the manly man nature of it and also that it was one of the first pan-Germanic cultural movements which achieved prominence across Europe.

but that trope has been around since humans, it was big in victorian times. (much ealier too obviously) example being, Young james dies for queen and country against the uncivilized hoard from _________ which will be brought to heel for queen and country and be made loyal subjects. alot of the other countries bought into that poo poo too. the Victorian ideal of the martyr of war poo poo died during world war 1. it still floats around today, in various flavors.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

InediblePenguin posted:

"but it was big in Victorian times and WWI" is in no way any kind of a counter to the argument about the Germanic Sturm und Drang movement. The Sorrows of Young Werther was published in 1774 and therefore predates your examples quite neatly

I wasn't trying to counter your argument. I just remember thats where i heard about that mentality first. sorry.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I would struggle to call the roman empire "graceful" however.

it was a slow burn depending on when you want to date the death of it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

It's a recurring theme in his stories that the cultists are always either mixed race fish/lobster/outer god-men or actual normal humans who are mixed race, the bad guys are always a cult full of swarthy foreigners/mixed race people or the bad guy always has servants who are swarthy foreigners/mixed race.

Like you might not notice it but seriously almost the entirety of lovecraft's horror stories can be summed up as "holy poo poo I am terrified of miscegenation!"

Barring maybe Mountains of Madness. Which is probably one of his stronger books.

But yeah otherwise, call of Cthulhu has the cultists as nonwhites, charles dexter ward has the guys collecting nonwhite servants as they become evil. Innsmouth is all about fish loving, dunwich horror features it as the central plot point, the one at martense mansion features both inbred hicks as cannon fodder and a race of CHUDs. And most of the stories have some bit where he laments the passing of high society and social mores to the endless march of modernity and foreign ideas.

Basically Charles Dexter Ward is probably somewhat autobiographical in its early stages I think.

honestly my favorite story of his was Herbert West–Reanimator. which is basically just creepy Frankenstein

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

True, I'm probably being a little harsh on him in that sense. I genuinely do think he writes some really good fiction and if you take the death of the author into account you can read them as some just genuinely gorgeous pieces of horror. He is obviously really invested in his literature and his essay about supernatural horror is a good if rather lexically difficult thing to read (if you think Lovecraft is bad in fiction he is nigh incomprehensible when he gets going, it's amazing) and for the most part he keeps a lot of his overt bigotry out of his stories, they aren't just pages of ranting about the drat blacks being what's wrong with the world. But if you know his position beforehand it's real easy to see how it informs his writing, and you can just as easily read it as a massive allegory for Why Race Mixing Will Destroy Humanity.

But yeah he has a weird fatalist streak to him which I guess would be consistent with his fondness for antiquarianism.

E: though actually I think I just remembered that he didn't work but his wife did and he sat at home all day trying to get his pulp horror published.

Dude's the original goon.

this. The guy is definatly a bigot but his bigotry always struck me as being born of genuine xenophobia(as in actual fear fear) , his weird sadbrain, and his isolation being a blue blood living almost all of his life in Providence, Rhode Island. Not defending his bigotry at all of course. He is pretty much a goon and would probably be on the spectrum today. also it seems this thread every 20 or so pages talks about lovecraft. idk i find it interesting.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I guess that makes the Dark Enlightenment somebody's idea of an ideal religion.

Moderately terrifying.

well most of them go for either hardcore evangelicalism/santorum Catholicism (kain and a few others) or atheism.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Orthodox Christianity is increasingly popular in the alt-right. Never heard of an evangelic neoreactionary, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

its mostly an american thing. its not many mostly wannabe kane.

Jeedy Jay posted:

Maybe this is why these DE types seem to have such grognard-ish tastes in their fantasy entertainment - Blizzard and Bethesda's ongoing de-badification of orcs must feel like betrayal, to these guys.

haven't orcs in elder scrolls always just been a race. like in universe, they have a stigma (warrior race, tribal) and they face bigotry,

personally, i like complex villians, (game of thrones, man in high castle, breaking bad, a decent amount of video games, i guess kylo renn,) but i am fine with simple ones as long as they work.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

It makes more sense in DnD because you are literally dealing with different species, except apparently they can also gently caress each other, but functionally orcs and elves and dwarves are different species, and when you start getting some of the weirder stuff like half-dragons and shardminds and stuff it makes more sense still.

But in TES redguards are literally just black people. They have different species in the game with the elves and that but there's also a bunch of human phenotypes which they treat a bit weirdly. More of a problem with TES's application of it than anything.

TES has like 3 and half "races for humans. nords (vicking nordic dudes) Imperials(my favorite) redguard(blacks and middleeast) and bretons(half elves who can do stuff)

I am pretty sure all of the "race" stuff goes back to D&D

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

rudatron posted:

It would probably help if fantasy and fantasy games had a lot more sentient races than just 'humanoids of different physiques/colors'. Where are the hipster-cuttlefish? Though that may not solve the problem, because it brings up another issue - fantasy worlds of any kind (including sci-fi) embed current social stereotypes and ideology within them, and kind of inescapably so. Both because that's easier to make, but also because that makes it kind of more compelling; if fiction cannot connect with the audience, they'll just ignore it.

i always thought mass effect did a pretty good job with species and alien design. some of them might fit certain groups vaguely. (quarians = roma or diaspora era jews) (batarians = north korea) but most are there own thing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

EDIT: oh gently caress to many SA threads at once. sorry was for a star wars thread. :(

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 11, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

is that made out of whale/seal bone goggles, thats awesome. Inuit culture is so amazing.

Count Chocula posted:

Do we have a general Silicon Valley Lunacy thread?

http://www.theawl.com/2015/12/star-lords

arnt most of them weird sometimes socialy left objectivists.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cingulate posted:

And the first thing everyone gets wrong is thinking they certainly wouldn't give the subject a 430 volt shock/defend the fake choice.
I think this is still a bit too general - the question is not, why do people turn conservative? Dark Enlightenment is not conservative, in the same way that Cruz and Bush and so on are almost as disgusted by Trump as everyone else. They're radicals. They're right-wingers and in the to liberals salient aspects agree with conservatives. But they're not conservatives.
They're partially reactionaries, partially liberals, partially fascists, and so on. And the interesting question is, what makes one specifically buy into DE or HBD, and not into regular run-of-the-mill redneck racism or oldstyle libertarianism or regular conservativism.

See all the ones i have met like trump. because he will burn down SJWs or some poo poo. or he will keep the "sandniggers" out. But i do think dark enlightenment stuff is a weird amalgamations of believes and not two are alike. its weird.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

1337JiveTurkey posted:

There's a lot going on and while it may not be the most satisfying answer, nerd identity plays a huge role. While most definitions focus on the shared interests, they're so broad that it's possible for two nerds to have almost nothing in common. I don't care about comic books, science fiction or fantasy but I'll watch movies with my friends, play games and so forth. I'm more interested in academic topics. What we do have in common is that we've been labeled nerds at some point and come to accept that identity.

For someone who was extremely isolated growing up, it's possible that they don't have any other source of identity. I brought up Schizoid disorder because one interpretation of it is that the person suffering from it has a completely shattered sense of identity. Imagine being unable to complete the sentence "I am a..." If their sole source of identity is something like the fact that they're a gamer, something that threatens it in a very real sense threatens them because without it they're nothing.

The same's true with nerds in general. If their entire sense of identity is based on being a nerd, then their entire sense of self worth is based on nerds being great. They don't identify with conservatives in general or the institutions that conservatives do like the military and aren't interested in joining such a movement. In a sense the ideology doesn't matter.

thats the thing. I probably sorta of identify as a "nerd"partialy but its mostly because i am into history/politics, and most of my entertainment is shows ranging from GoT to yokai watch. I also video games are one of my main hobbies,(again ranging taste) if i am not doing college classes currently. but i have never identified my self as a "gamer". But its not my entire sense of identity, that would just be sad. at the end of the day, i don't identfy my self as anything at least entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like this about gaming, I play a shitload of videogames, like most people watch TV, it makes up more or less 90% of my recreational activity. But I don't consider it part of who I am, it's just something I do. Like sleeping in a bed. I do it but I don't consider myself part of bed-sleeping culture.

Capital G Gamers weird me out.

this.

• Locked thread