Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

wateroverfire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fOpLDc2RF0

As for grievances life seems pretty good actually.

Post some actual good christian metal, like Theocracy.

wateroverfire posted:

It's amazing how much internet reactionaries and internet radicals have in common, at the end of the day. Like going off the deep end ideologically is a normal response to being unhappy with your place in the world but feeling powerless to change it.

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Dahn posted:

Interesting I always considered Mussolini's flavor to be a cut and paste job that replaced "Aryan" with "Aryan and Mediterranean".
I had always placed the blame for the Dark Ages in the lap of the church. The aggressive suppression of knowledge that didn't conform to it's world view. Monarchies grew stronger after the dark ages until they were destroyed by the merchant class and printing press.
I would argue that Libertarians have a strong sense of self, and Fascists have a strong sense of "the group" (whatever that group is). These two things seem incompatible.

Yeah no, the dark ages were the way they were because you had a general break down of a society, the church actually was pretty active in salvaging what was left.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It's mostly of curiosity because it's your typical authoritarians who think they'll be able to use the 21st century equivalent of alchemy to make themselves the immortal, supreme rulers of mankind in perpetuity.

...yeah, I'm reading the original Dune series right now, but to me it really does sound like they all really want to become Leto II/Bob Page, unironically.

Also, it's kinda funny to see them try and reconcile fetishizing technology that's potentially equalizing and having said authoritarian bents eg. this article. For those who don't want to wade through NRx :words:, tl;dr "Technology is GREAT for individuals! But... it could be dangerous if the wrong sorts of people get their hands on it Therefore, technology should be ONLY for white male ubermenchen global rulers forever!"

You know when ones thought process beigins to sound like Bob Page you should probably wonder why your thinking what your thinking. It wouldn't surprise me to find someone at less wrong suggesting a nanobot to keep the 'surplus population of the dumb people down'.

computer parts posted:

Because I spent all this effort I'll post it anyway:

Lmfao. I mean these guys do understand that technology generally went forward after the Romans collapsed? the heavy plow made it so that Germany was a place most people could live, the stirrup changed warfare, Horse collars changed plowing, revolutions in the developments of cranes allowed peoples to build structures the classical Romans and Hellenes couldn't hever have dreamed of, Hour glasses revolutionized time keeping. I just as someone who has a little bit of knowledge both of the Eastern Roman and Islamic golden ages and as some with a bit of knowledge of the middle ages am astounded by the stupidity in such a graph.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Tias posted:

Oh gently caress, why did I have to look up Tunney :gonk:

Does she not realize that she would be killed over a loaf of bread in the feudal googletopia she dreams of happening?

Its the existence of her and Moldbug that make me want to bring out gulags. So that whiny pampered middle class white drama queens are no longer part of the equationa problem.

Also Magic you are obviously a troll. Carlyle is mentioned alot outside the DE. Neitchze mentioned him, also if you read about the French revolution you will likely see him mentioned. Nice try though. You are better then MIGF.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Well that was :10bux: wasted.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Woolie Wool posted:

Can we talk about MagicMasochist's tumblr some more because uh

:dogbutton:

:stare:

Yeah Magic, get help. Like get legitimate help right now.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Why the hell are we talking about TES?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Drow besides being rather racist, also never made sense to me. If the had spent millennia underground shouldn't they be pale as gently caress? Know sunlight would mean they would probably not have melanin wouldn't it? So they would look like Elric. (Interestingly I would argue the first Dark Elves in literature are the Melniboneans from Elric, and Elric would fit the description to a tee).

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Deified Data posted:

The drow are ripped off from the melniboneans wholesale. The entire law/chaos spectrum is also from Moorcock.

I thought Moorcock himself admitted that Law/chaos was largely from Poul Andersson?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Maoist Pussy posted:

What are some good resources if i am into alt-rightness but without the racism?

Bleach.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Maoist Pussy posted:

I am hoping for serious answers from non-racists, thank you.

I prefer the term eugenic realist, thankyou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

Because they've somehow become a political force in the USA, and most people are uncomfortable with the idea of shooting fellow citizens to preserve democracy, so they convince themselves that these people can be studied, and thus understood and reasoned with.

Funny enough alot of people I know who claim to be conservative. (Of course theny also want their social security and medicare, andwhen pressed say that if welfare inolved you putting on a shirt twenty hours a week that said ON WELFARE and picking up trash they would support it in perpetuity) would be happy to see all nazis shot. So just run on a platform of SHOOT ALL NAZIS!

• Locked thread