Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Bob le Moche posted:

They're angry that things aren't going their way and they will blame literally everything else in the world for it (women, foreigners, gays, leftists, etc) except the white men who own and control everything. They hate democracy, and anything standing the way of the ruling class imposing their absolute will and total control, or any form of resistance by those below them. The white men at the top are strong and enlightened and blessed with the truth and anyone who opposes them is an irrational cancer on the purity of western society.

As with any fascism, their beliefs do not arise in a vacuum, their worldview is our current ideology of power taken to its logical conclusion. Everything about our society tells them that they are correct: IQ statistics, the actions of the police, the value of different people on the job market, immigration law, the prison population, the riots in the streets, etc. All these topics that are uncomfortable blind spots or taboos for liberalism take on the allure of forbidden knowledge for them, they think of themselves as having pierced the veil, seen through the contradictions, connected the dots (hence dark "enlightenment").

Our society is what produces these people, and it will continue to produce them because the cultural factors that are responsible for producing these people are also the very same factors that are necessary for the continued existence of various aspects of our society such as the nationstate, private business ownership, our education system, the police force, the military, etc, etc... The justifications that we need to create for the existence of these institutions are the very same thing which ends up creating these people down the line.

Crain posted:

Everyone who isn't already rich has been doing worse lately. Things are getting better now, but it's not great for an average working dude. Especially in the tech industry (where a lot of this seems centered). So you have Average McWhitedude sitting in his cubicle in his kinda lame job getting nowhere. Then he see's minorities getting some support, women pushing for more rights like actual maternity leave/ fair pay, he see's homosexual marriage being legalized. And if he has no clue what privilege is, which is most likely the case, he goes "Well what the gently caress about ME!?".

All the while he fails to realize that everyone else is just catching up to him, not surpassing him. No one is pushing for programs and benefits that specifically target White Men because up until recently EVERYTHING was targeted at them.

It's literally thousands of people going "What about WHITE ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION!?" without a hint of irony.

:agreed:

Are there any people on SA that actually profess to be a part of this movement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
I know someone here has saved those "Dark Enlightenment trading cards" appears they got taken down from the original place they were posted.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Narciss posted:

I'm not sure why this movement gets so much hate on this board, it's the only philosophic-political movement with any intellectual rigor to form in the last 30 years.

:allears: yessss finally

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

wateroverfire posted:

While at the same time not being capable enough to succeed in a liberal world. Or their ideal world were it realized, because the source of their discontent is ultimately internal.

What if you're content with your life but you feel bad for the working poor that you have to interact with on a daily basis?

• Locked thread