Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Crain posted:

But for people who are full blown into these movement: Not really (other than GamerGate). The people who operate in these movements do not do well with properly moderated forums. They need somewhere like reddit where you can sit around for half a year doxing people, then just make a new account 10 seconds after you get banned.

The forums they do best in are ones where it's fine to say women shouldn't be able to vote because they're stupid and irrational, but when a woman gets upset/emotional and calls them a "shithead" or worse a "misogynist", the woman gets banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Crain already said reddit :haw:

Most of reddit doesn't moderate like that, though. You won't get banned from the subreddit, "just" dogpiled. Your voice will be downvoted heavily but still findable by others. On the other hand there are places where you can't participate at all or argue back against their ideas without implicitly legitimizing them as something polite society should respect and banter pleasantly about.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

The Borgesian Effect

• Locked thread