Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Jack Gladney posted:

He'll just be an angry computer janitor who has sex with maybe two women in his life. He already weighs over 200 pounds and won't lose any of that. The middle class has always produced its share of big angry nothings.

I never realized this is what I do for a living until I saw it spelled out, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
"This is what patriarchy looks like"

What? What does Aurini actually do? He doesn't actually make a living begging on patreon does he? Because I'd expect patriarchy to look more...I don't know. Like he has control of anything going on in his life. I feel like ostentatious posturing is a defense mechanism to losing control. Like you can't bring in a paycheck or maintain a healthy relationship but you can position your skull like so while sipping Libby's apple juice and pretend something's going right in your life.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

What if he lives with his mother, but just beats the crap out of her before videos? :(

I'm not convinced he could overpower his mother.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
You think he practices his rape face in the mirror every morning?

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 22, 2015

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

More to the point how did the friend look at that and think "Yes."

I'm bald and kinda evil-looking as well but I counteract this by dressing and acting like a normal human being, not Kane from C&C.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Peven Stan posted:

The really funny thing about the dork cross pollination with nazis and European far rightists is the worship of Nordics which was never a thing in America. Famously, sociologist thorstein Veblen got kicked out of the ivy leagues due to his "dusky" Scandinavian heritage.

Skyrim was fun.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

If I recall correctly the redguards in the original games had some... pretty :stare: racial stat modifiers.

Redguards being TES black people.

None that weren't shared by other militarized cultures like Nords or Orcs.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

Drow besides being rather racist, also never made sense to me. If the had spent millennia underground shouldn't they be pale as gently caress? Know sunlight would mean they would probably not have melanin wouldn't it? So they would look like Elric. (Interestingly I would argue the first Dark Elves in literature are the Melniboneans from Elric, and Elric would fit the description to a tee).

The drow are ripped off from the melniboneans wholesale. The entire law/chaos spectrum is also from Moorcock.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

I thought Moorcock himself admitted that Law/chaos was largely from Poul Andersson?

Possibly, but D&D lifted it from Moorcock, establishing a string of "borrowing" the idea,

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Number Two Stunna posted:

If you guys want to understand these guys, why don't you go to one of their subreddits/forums and ask them what they're all about? :confused:

This thread is just a bunch of circle-jerking about how awful people who have right-wing opinions are.

You presume they understand themselves enough to offer insight into their condition. If they possessed self-awareness they wouldn't do half the things they do.

This thread's not objective but at least it's not delusional. Some things are better understood from the outside looking in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Well is there any masterwork that everyone reads? Who is the big figure?

Dilbert and Dilbert, respectively.

• Locked thread