Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Someone at my sister's elementary school printed out NSYNC slash fanfic and passed it around the playground for a few days before it got caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Antivehicular posted:

The same kid went on to get suspended for three days for turning in an "Oregon Trail diary" English assignment about Hannibal Lecter, Jean-Luc Picard, and Samwise Gamgee as bandits fleeing eastern justice by posing as settlers on the trail, only for Sam and Picard to die of Oregon Trail diseases and Hannibal to snap and massacre the rest of the wagon train, who were all the characters from a dire Oregon Trail novel we'd had to read for class. Sean, wherever you are, you're still my hero.

I must be missing something here, because I can't understand why he would even get in trouble for that at all, much less be suspended for three days.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Presumably it was the murder.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It was definitely the murder, yes.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I don't think I ever wrote a story for school without a murder or other violent death in it

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Krankenstyle posted:

I don't think I ever wrote a story for school without a murder or other violent death in it

Yeah, it seems pretty weird to me that a child would get into any trouble at all for that.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

For a high school English project I illustrated the scene from the Odyssey where Odysseus and Telemachus team up and execute all of Penelope's suitors. I faithfully depicted exactly what Homer said: shooting them with arrows, running them through with spears, and chopping off their heads. The teacher gave me a B- and a note reading "does it have to be so gruesome? :-("

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sagebrush posted:

For a high school English project I illustrated the scene from the Odyssey where Odysseus and Telemachus team up and execute all of Penelope's suitors. I faithfully depicted exactly what Homer said: shooting them with arrows, running them through with spears, and chopping off their heads. The teacher gave me a B- and a note reading "does it have to be so gruesome? :-("

Love this. "Oh gently caress, this kid actually paid attention to the literature, that's not supposed to happen..."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, it seems pretty weird to me that a child would get into any trouble at all for that.

Considering our age, a lot of these were probably written before Columbine.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
My final project for The Great Gatsby was a comic about how Nick becomes possessed by the vengeful ghost of Gatsby and going on a murder spree against all the rich people. Got an A+.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

there wolf posted:

My final project for The Great Gatsby was a comic about how Nick becomes possessed by the vengeful ghost of Gatsby and going on a murder spree against all the rich people. Got an A+.

Well, yeah, you understood the point of the novel.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

chitoryu12 posted:

Considering our age, a lot of these were probably written before Columbine.

Not in my case, which I guess explains why it makes more sense to me.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Oh poo poo I just remembered we had to write an alternate ending for The Lord of The Flies where the rescue doesn't come and I think I had Roger killing then decapitating the other two main characters and putting their heads on spikes on the shore.

Pretty sure I got a good mark for that one but there's clearly a theme here.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My final AP lit project was a deep dive on Yukio Mishima that I had to present. Let's say that the teacher who approved said project knew very little about Mishima's writing so I got a warning for being too graphic when talking about his thing for death and gore being inherently beautiful. Sorry Mrs. McBride.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Sagebrush posted:

On a similar note, a period before it was due I wrote Antigone 2: Electric Boogaloo, where Creon tried to close down the Theban community center, but was killed by a dance move called the Oepedius Complex. I’ve never been prouder of any academic achievement than the B- I received.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

One time our writing prompt was "Mr. Johnson", but I really didn't feel like writing anything so I gave my protagonist the euphonic name Bent Erik Amadeus Søren Sild Karl Skov Ørn Kenny Sæhrmann Hvidløg Bolschefyld Fyrretræsknast Flæskemad Enebarn Jönsson and made sure to write it in full every time he was mentioned.

iirc it started with him waking up and getting ready to go to work and then getting run over as soon as I got over the 1 page minimum.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

RC and Moon Pie posted:

He had already hinted at this life in Dandy in the Underworld.

Content: My taste in literature wasn't that squicky in school, but I did rip off a book called "Snot Stew" for a creative writing exercise in fifth grade. I also wrote about pro wrasslin at least once, so that makes up for any high ground I might could claim.

Oh my god I loved Snot Stew :allears:

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oh my god I loved Snot Stew :allears:

Welp, no offense but I'm never eating anything you bring to the forums potluck.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Well, you're missing out!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Gann Jerrod posted:

On a similar note, a period before it was due I wrote Antigone 2: Electric Boogaloo, where Creon tried to close down the Theban community center, but was killed by a dance move called the Oepedius Complex. I’ve never been prouder of any academic achievement than the B- I received.

I would watch this.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Gann Jerrod posted:

You deserved at least a B+ for concept alone.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Well What Now posted:

Snot so bad

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Raise your hand if you wrote Final Fantasy VI fanfic and turned it in as a high school class assignment.

*raises hand*

Suikoden fanfic.

I also wrote a one-act play based on those AOL roleplaying chat rooms called The Ivory Mask Inn. It was an intentionally pretentious title, but meant to symbolize how all the characters were roleplaying idealized versions of themselves. So deep.

I don't remember anything about the plot except the paladin guy overreacting violently to the slightest provocation, because he was bullied IRL, or mad about something in his personal life. Shortly after I wrote this, I became incredibly embarrassed by its existence, and deliberately did not save a copy. It's a shame, because I'd really like to revisit it now.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 01:01 on Jan 11, 2020

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I wrote, and turned in for a grade, fanfic of characters from Final Fantasies 7, 8, and 9 putting on a nativity play :downs: the assignment was due before Christmas so I thought it was appropriate, I guess :froggonk:

Edit to add: it was a comedy. I thought I was very funny I still think I'm very funny

Happy Landfill has a new favorite as of 06:42 on Jan 11, 2020

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
it wasn't a fanfic but i did do a paper that was essentially a literary analysis of Ocarina of Time

aced it, too

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

razorrozar posted:

it wasn't a fanfic but i did do a paper that was essentially a literary analysis of Ocarina of Time

aced it, too

If you read it on Youtube with a thick British accent and scream about SJWs, you'll become a millionaire in ad revenue. Just don't ever mention icky, advertiser-unfriendly terms like "gay," "transgender," "America has concentration camps on its southern border where children are routinely murdered and buried in unmarked graves when they're not being sexually abused by racist ICE paramilitary grunts," and "gently caress" and you'll be fine!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
cool

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

razorrozar posted:

aced it, too

I did a paper analyzing Star Trek: First Contact as an extension of Gothic Literature tropes.

That whole Gothic Lit class was fun, just all sorts of fun reading stuff that was usually either good or very terrible.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Well What Now posted:

Literally a booger

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Anticheese posted:

Literally a booger
:mad:

When I was in elementary school I wrote notebook-length stories (many of the notebooks had unused pages trimmed out) about my cat and my bird having adventures together. They were handwritten and illustrated and extremely good and I have saved them all in case I ever need to blackmail myself.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
That is adorable and it makes me ashamed all I had was terrible Megaman fanfiction.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Kinda want to change my name to Moonsworde Foureyez, not gonna lie.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Screaming Idiot posted:

That is adorable and it makes me ashamed all I had was terrible Megaman fanfiction.

l m f a o i posted protomen-based fanfic in creative convention once

i don't know if i can find the thread but i do remember i hosted it on a website for pictures of lego creations

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I wrote about a pancake. I wonder if I still have the notebook somewhere.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

When I was eight I stole the plot for Top Gun except it was set in the bermuda triangle, starred my friends and I as the pilots, and instead of russian jets it had us shoot missiles at a sea monster.

Thirty years on and it still may be the most :krad: thing that I've been involved in.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

IshmaelZarkov posted:

When I was eight I stole the plot for Top Gun except it was set in the bermuda triangle, starred my friends and I as the pilots, and instead of russian jets it had us shoot missiles at a sea monster.

Thirty years on and it still may be the most :krad: thing that I've been involved in.

I'd watch it

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't have it anymore, but we had to write a story about groundhog day in like second grade. Everyone else wrote about the groundhog being a celebrity or whatever. In mine the groundhog overslept and the world was completely frozen and he wandered an icy waste land, and I think at one point walked by giant dragon bones or something because of course there were dragons in my story.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ambitious Spider posted:

at one point walked by giant dragon bones or something because of course there were dragons in my story.

:hfive:

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
I was advised by the AUG thread to share this here.
https://thefirebirdbook.com/home/chapters/

I'll start with a couple of excerpts

The author:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

:thanks: