Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I suppose that's theoretically possible but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

moonmazed posted:

why do straight people always think gay stuff is some kind of cynical ploy, god drat. is that how you relate to your own sexuality???

Because for the longest time gay/lesbian scenes were used as a cynical ploy 99% of the time they appeared.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I can't believe E.L. James is a bad writer who makes gigantic errors.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
She also got really, really insistent that COVID vaccines are the devil. Naomi Wolf is an incredibly stupid person.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Naomi Klein isn't much better really.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Stripey Pajamas author has a head that looks like a potato.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've never read anything by Dan Simmons but everything I've heard about him makes his books sound like something to avoid. I did see the TV adaptation of The Terror, which was great, but I can't imagine the book is nearly as good, given the things the series changed for the better (Franklin's portrayal, Lady Silence marrying Crozier instead of merely having an unspoken kind-of feelings for Goodsir, Hankey not being a murderer who stole someone's identity).

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Nov 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rascar Capac posted:

Yeah, Mostly Harmless is the only bad Hitchiker's book. It reads like Adams was depressed.

He was, actually, and he didn't think it was fair to end the series on such a dark tone. Then he had a fatal heart attack before he could write another one. Which feels like a natural extension of the HHGTTG story to be perfectly honest.