Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

A years ago a bunch of goons did a collective read-through of the bad Star Wars books. While I wasn't a Star Wars book reader I found the thread amusing enough that I joined in against my better judgment (thread link). My first contribution was the Dark Nest Trilogy by Troy Denning. The most memorable parts are two characters joining a Bug Orgy, and Luke watching Episode 3 then declaring himself Space Pope. The other book I read was Red Harvest, the second 'Star Wars + Zombies' novel featuring glaring plot holes, inconsistent story-boarding, the lamest name a Sith Lord can pick, and cribbing Liam Niessan's lines from Taken.

Other books (and comics) that were reviewed in the thread:
  • The Jedi Prince series, which includes Captain Planet-level soapboxing, Moffs wearing blaster earings and saying "Dark Greetings", Hologram Fun World, and Robo-Leia
  • Dark Empire comics, wherein a cloned Palpatine looks like David Bowie and everyone else looks like Bruce Campbell.
  • Truce at Bakura featuring whistling Space Dinosaurs getting their poo poo pushed in by the equivalent of the U.S. Coast Guard-Crisis Averted!
  • Shadows of the Empire featuring an alien that gives of date-rape drugs as a natural pheromone.
  • The Jedi Academy series, in which the term "Mary Sue" accurately describes a spaceship.
  • The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy, a convoluted mess with more backstabs than a game of Diplomacy, plus a guide that replaced his head with a laser cannon.
  • Death Troopers, the previous Zombie novel and probably the only work since the Holiday Special to mention "Life Day."
  • Darksaber, a story about the most pathetic attempt at a Superweapon and a lesson on why its not enough to just say a character is smart.
  • The Crystal Star featuring Luke becoming enthralled by a sentient blancmange
  • And so much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU