Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Shwoo posted:

The thing was the crow was in a later Tamora Pierce series, and I'd say that the age gap was pretty big there, but I suppose they're about the same age in... crow years. It's still messed up, though.

At the start of the second book, the crow man is sulking that his girlfriend doesn't want to have sex with him, and tries withholding affection to force her into it:

The protagonist implies but doesn't outright state that she doesn't want to risk being teen pregnant during a war, and he complains that fighting a war at all is risky and they should have sex now just in case.

Later he leaves the story to fight on the front, and half the book later he comes back all confident and manly and they immediately start kissing in her office. Then:

Luckily, her only problem is that she still doesn't want to get pregnant, and he's brought magical birth control, so everything's okay.

So the outcome of the plot thread about the crow trying to pressure his girlfriend into sex is that he pressures her harder until she agrees. Great romance story.

Tamora Pierce still writes pretty solid YA, but her books went downhill when she started writing longer ones with the same amount of plot.

I clicked on this thread by accident, started reading the page because why not, and holy loving lol

I loved Tamora Pierce's books as a kid but clearly stopping after the "Immortals" quartet was a wise choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Good point, but I'm gonna be laughing about horny crow man for the rest of the evening anyway

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

IshmaelZarkov posted:

Did the lark just ask them nicely, or did it coerce them?

lmbo

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

"The Skulls That Had Sex" sounds pretty straightforward, dunno why it needs an entire chapter.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

RC and Moon Pie posted:

He had already hinted at this life in Dandy in the Underworld.

Content: My taste in literature wasn't that squicky in school, but I did rip off a book called "Snot Stew" for a creative writing exercise in fifth grade. I also wrote about pro wrasslin at least once, so that makes up for any high ground I might could claim.

Oh my god I loved Snot Stew :allears:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Well, you're missing out!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Anticheese posted:

Literally a booger
:mad:

When I was in elementary school I wrote notebook-length stories (many of the notebooks had unused pages trimmed out) about my cat and my bird having adventures together. They were handwritten and illustrated and extremely good and I have saved them all in case I ever need to blackmail myself.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ambitious Spider posted:

at one point walked by giant dragon bones or something because of course there were dragons in my story.

:hfive:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

i don't like it

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:3::hf::3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Serephina posted:

The Ruby Knight ie the first Sparhawk book

That's the second Sparhawk book :eng101:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

So, it's bad that it was in the book, but it's also bad it was him turning her down and not being ultra creepy, but it's ALSO bad if he would have been banging his apprentice.

Got it.

yes

just don't put it in the book

she says, while also posting about Sparhawk books

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Serephina posted:

The Ruby Knight ie the first Sparhawk book

also, I briefly mistook this as a great username/post combo.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The Lone Badger posted:

Isn't that the one where the protagonist marries his stepdaughter but she's really a two-thousand-year-old goddess so its ok?

actually it's the one where the protagonist marries the girl he raised from eight years old but he goes away for a few years and comes back when she's eighteen so it's okay

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Let's go back to the funny kind of terrible books :(

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

BioEnchanted posted:

Edit: I made this post for you Birdmod :3:

:3::hf::3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I’m reminded of “Fred,” one is the most underrated SCP ideas who is a simple entity that loves participating in books but as a very brief mention because he/it just loves stories so much.

this sounds very wholesome and if it is not I do not wish to be disabused of this notion.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

wonderful. thank you :allears:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

Test Material: A hardcopy of this experiment log

Results: Identical, except for the insertion of the words "ruggedly handsome" in several sections of the log.

:hmbol:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Admiral Richard Ulysses Spartan stood in one corner of the blasphemous cosmogony, severely erect, flapping his leathery appendage at the horizon.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Nitpicking Kindle Unlimited books is probably unsporting, but

quote:

His expensive suit had been tailored well, probably by the best. It fit like a glove.

:shuckyes:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Samovar posted:

Oh poo poo, LaB! I thought you had left the forums! Nice to see you again!

Belated hi back, Sam! I did leave for a while; life got a little busy and between that and that one unpleasant ex-goon that started harassing me in 2020 I took a forums break. Life has gotten less busy, and I missed my community, and that person remains fixated on me regardless of whether I have an online presence or not, so I have been venturing back in a bit recently :) It's nice to see you too, how are you?

beats for junkies posted:

There's absolutely no chance of a dramatic reading, but I'll take some pictures.

Sorry about the glare on some of them.

Introduction:

1:

4, 5, 8, 10

I don't want to post the whole book, but maybe I'll try to record some of the fart sounds at some point. However, I'm easily distracted and Jagged Alliance 3 comes out tomorrow, so it probably won't be soon, if ever.

Pardon me beats, but you seem to have accidentally posted this in the thread for terrible books??? :raise:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hahaha, true, you did say that, touche. I am glad there was no mistaking where the fart book lands :lol:

Thank you, friend :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:colbert: clearly the problem then was the RPG creator not realizing that obviously if an option is presented for obtaining a spandex training suit, people are going to want to go obtain a spandex training suit, and Naruto was just going to have to find his way back to the main story paths after the people obtained the spandex training suit for which they had clamored

SPANDEX TRAINING SUIT has entered your inventory. Equip? y/n

y, of course

Great. You return to your mission, already in progress, while wearing your new SPANDEX TRAINING SUIT.