Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Not a bad book, it's great, but Dracula contains the most American man to ever exist, Quincy Morris. You can tell he's American because of all the American things he says and does.

Also the cowboy hat.

People always seem to forget that Dracula ends with Dracula literally being stabbed to death with a bowie knife by a Texan in a loving Cowboy Hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

"Lookit this mook! Biff! Right in the kisser!"
"Tony you can't just punch a shark, ya gotta give it the 'poon!"
"I ain't got a harpoon, boss, I got these haymakers!"
"And I ain't talkin' harpoons ya numbnuts, I'm talkin' shark poon! Lady sharks, a dame! See what I'm gettin at?"
"Saaaay, that's smooth, boss!"
"Gotta be smoother than the shark, Nonna always said!"

So would say that this shark is gonna end up... sleeping with the fishes?

:D

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

This isn't anything new, but it popped up in my feed and made me laugh all over again: Great Moments in Historical Novel Research, when an author did some googling for dye ingredients and somehow wound up putting recipes from a Zelda game into their book :bravo:

Makes me wonder what other dumb/blatant research fuckups have made their way to publication by other authors.

Atilla the Hun, Ganondorf, to-MAY-to to-MAH-to

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Was it ghostwritten by the ghost of Edward Bulwer-Lytton'?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Snowy posted:

I’ll check when I’m back home in a day or two. There is a part about restaurants, how Asian people think bright loud restaurants are happy, while white people like quiet dark restaurants and how it’s good to mix it up to keep your white lady happy.

It sounds like a guide to caring for a pet gecko