Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I haven't read a lot of truly terrible books because I tend to drop them as soon as I realize they're bullshit, but when I was a teen I read some awful stuff:

The Dragonlance Series

Forgotten Realms Series

Piers Anthony's Xanth

As an adult, I forced myself to read Twilight because it was such a huge thing. I slogged all the way through it, and it was genuinely the worst thing I've ever read. I have nothing against erotica, I have nothing against bullshit vampire stories, but oh my god the writing belonged in the journal of a dull high school student.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Pastry of the Year posted:

I will fight you

I chewed through so goddamn many of those stupid books, and worse, I was an active and eager evangelist for them. I lent out Dragons of Autumn Twilight so many times that its covers fell off. The shameful things are still at my mother's house and she never misses an opportunity to ask me if I want them back :smaug:

I don't regret loving the Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms books as a teen. They were a gateway to Dungeons and Dragons, as well as actual good fantasy novels, not that a whole lot of those exist. But the main thing is that it gave me D&D which is a hobby I've loved for over 20 years.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I liked the final final ending bit.

Everything else was dumb.

I also thought the ending was excellent, but the rest of the book wasn't awesome.