Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Nckdictator posted:

"Dragon's Fury"

Holy poo poo, this book is one of the funniest things I've read. It out-freeps freep itself.

Also:

quote:

Geneva had gotten the job several months ago. She had taken a local class on computers and then on word processing and surprised herself and Alan too when she had literally excelled at it. The school had a placement program and Simplot had taken her on as a temp in their word processing pool. After three months as a temp, they had brought her on full time and she really enjoyed the work.

:tviv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Scandalous Wench posted:

Oh that is awful. :( Sadly not entirely surprising. Now I like that stupid book even less. Also how condescending is it to reduce entire countries to a particular cloying verb? It makes my blood boil.

Oh wow the title really does mean "Italy = eat, India = pray, Indonesia = love."
:psyduck:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Let's look at the comments for the story, shall we?

I like how they are saying "gin-soaked" is racist.
Since when does the stereotypical blue-collar white dude drink gin?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Doesn't Eragon escape the worst Harry Potter ripoff title by virtue of just being a Star Wars novelization?

There were some pretty bad books that went for the "Harry Potter for Christians" angle but I don't remember any of them.

James Garfield has a new favorite as of 03:50 on Aug 25, 2017