Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

BattyKiara posted:

Have romance novels been mentioned yet? I found one in a leave a book/take a book tray that had a master fencer as the protagonst. He had "skin as pale as a the moon, and silver hair to match" and was master fencer even if he was blind. Bcause his super hearing and experience blah-blah-blah. Also a woman with "the kind of coneshaped breast that made seamstresses sigh with delight" and and evil bald man.

I haven't read the book it is reviewing myself, but this is one of the best book reviews I have ever read, and makes heavy use of excerpts. A couple of the quoted sections from the book being reviewed...

quote:

We continue to gently caress doggy-style over the bench for several minutes. . . . I buck up against him hard mid-thrust, tipping him off balance. Once he’s lost his footing, I pull myself off his cock – my oval office makes a disappointed queeb sound as we separate…I come two more times when I spin myself around and around on his cock like a top, and take the last few strokes down from the rear.

quote:

The walls of my vag vibrate and pulse at warp speed, and my labia are so swollen, they pound out a drumbeat as they slap up and down against the length of Lord Verdigris’ cock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I only read Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow back in school. The former was required reading, and I liked it at the time. Because of that, I hunted down a copy of the latter, and holy poo poo, even back then I thought it was bad. The whole thing read like wierd Mary Sue fanfic. It brought up every thing Ender did, and then had Bean do it better. Ender breaks the game? Bean is smart enough not to play it. Bean discovers the simulation at the end isn't actually a simulation and doesn't tell anyone because he knows what will happen. The only way he is supposed to be worse is that he isn't as good with people, I guess?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

artsy fartsy posted:

lol are you seriously saying that you won't read a classic because you think it's for children?

I mean it's cool if you're not into Jane Austen, but you just got through explaining how you read trashy zombie fiction

I only read literature for adults, like manga.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

coronatae posted:

Resurrecting the topic of this terrible book series to add a few more notes:

The Sadist is 1,700 years old and is a "pleasure slave" ie a fucktoy that gets passed around from owner to owner. Also he has never had an erection. The first time he meets the Mary Sue hero character she's like 12 and just came back from an insane asylum/secret sex abuse place and she's like clearly been starved and tortured and poo poo. But the first time he sees her he's so attracted to her on a ~*~psychic~*~ level he bolts from the room and has to make sure he hasn't actually popped a boner for the first time at the sight of this preteen girl.

Also he only meets her because he's there to be her grandma's fucktoy

I've read everything from the series. Someday I'm going to do a write-up of everything hosed up and weird and wrong with it.

Then at the end of the chapter he looks up from his the granny dominatrix shrugs and says "its a living."

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Crow Jane posted:

The only book I ever read that used them effectively was Love in a Dead Language by Lee Siegel, but he's really, really not for everyone.

It's used in the entertaining but not great by any means 40k Ciaphas Cain series, but it at least makes sense there, since it is supposed to be the posthumously published series of diaries of a historical figure, and the footnotes are used by the in universe editor to explain the in universe historical context of what's going on.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

bringmyfishback posted:

I think I'll buy this.

Uhh, be careful you don't end up living out:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

im gay

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Leavemywife posted:

I've gotta admit, Mafia hitman Lincoln sounds awesome.

For the right price, he'll emancipate the hit's brain from his skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Inescapable Duck posted:

Re-ascendant Aztecs. Looks like the author read Shadowrun, or at least the Wikipedia article when drunk, and didn't stop to think for two seconds where Hispanics actually came from.

Spain?