Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

divabot posted:

I haven't read The Transhumanist Wager by Zoltan Istvan, but I was delighted to see that even the other transhumanists thought it was poo poo and that Istvan was counterproductive.

This guy had a very strange (and successful) crowdfunding project. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAO9YrAXrJs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I love that "art" to this guy is Voltron and Transformers, and the culmination of all these great artists is the ugliest, boxiest robot ever. :allears:

Also, "Many of you probably don't know who Hayao Miyazaki is" ? gently caress off.

Kay Kessler has a new favorite as of 01:58 on Aug 6, 2016

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

At the rate he's going, in five years the comic will look like Cucumber Quest.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Everyone complains about having to read The Scarlet Letter or The Pearl, but I haven't met anyone that hated when their class read Shakespeare.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

The new Harry Potter wasn't really a book, and it also wasn't actually written by Rowling. The play was pretty well received I believe, but no one who read it seemed to understand that play scripts aren't really meant to be read to get the full effect. The script was okay. It felt like it was a screenplay rather than meant for stage, which is a problem a lot of modern plays have.

e:b, and yeah, the Shadow series just kept getting worse. I was young enough that I bought into them as they started to come out. I wanted more political intrigue and war games like the original novel, so the Bean books seemed more my speed than the Speaker for the Dead books. I know now it's all awful, but I think everything that happened to Petra pissed me off the worst.

I don't think there's any acting that could make "You're upsetting the dementors and ruining Voldemort day" not cause the audience to burst out laughing.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Under the Dome was complete poo poo. Reading that was probably what turned me off King for a good while.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Ringo's the guy that put a webcomic character in one of his books, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Peasants, known for discussing vineyards.