Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015
I'm a huge Bill Bryson fan and will buy pretty much anything that has his name on it. In the early 90's, after 20 years as a newspaper reporter in the UK, he was leaving to return to America and took a walking trip, writing about it in Notes From a Small Island. As an American expat living in the UK at the time, I loved the book and the view of life in the UK from a perspective I could really relate to. Twenty plus years (and several best sellers later), he sets out to write basically a sequel to Notes From A Small Island called The Road to Little Dribbling. All the second book is is an old man bitching about change and how he hates it. It's supposed to encompass a journey from the south end of England all the way up thru Scotland, but 3/4 of the book is London and the home counties, barely touching on the the rest of the country. Quite the waste of 600 pages, but of course, it being Bill Bryson, every book reviewer was lining up to stroke his dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU