Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Celery Face posted:

Would that be Love and Consequences: A Memoir of Hope and Survival?

These "Read about my/someone I know's totally not made up horrible life" books are all so obviously fake. They're always so cliche and stereotypical that you gotta wonder why anyone's surprised when the truth comes out.

"Go ask Alice" still gets on the english lit lists here because it's thin and deals with drugs, it's sequel is about cults of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

chitoryu12 posted:

I think I might actually put my Twilight thread on a brief hiatus after Eclipse to do these Phineas Poe books. I'm 31 pages in and so far it hasn't let up. Every page manages to be the same baffling edgy poo poo, like a teenage goth played Max Payne and decided to write a fanfic. There's somehow 3 of these and they were a major inspiration for a musician whose career tanked after he got revealed to have a sex cult.

I like how you linked to a wiki page where the editors think that it's only a minor footnote that the guy has been accused of starting an underage sex cult.
You'd think that was a bigger deal than his release of an EP in 2019.

Knowing Wikipedia that page is the fiefdom of a fan who wants to keep that poo poo out of the public eye as much as possible.