Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
I randomly ended up with a book in the Deathlands series from a bargain bin. It's all awful, but as a kid the whole setup was :krad: The US was nuked by russia and now there's nothing but mutants, outlaws, thieves, cancer, and random US military teleportation devices left. And about 20% of the word count is dedicated to describing guns, knives, explosives, etc.. I think the series is up to 150 books or something now.

Also as much as the Sword of Truth series is just Conan the Libertarian, I read the first couple as a teenager and I have far too much nostalgia to hate them though I fully recognize how awful they are. I tried to read the more recent few and... they've gone from bad atlas shrugged fanfiction to terrible atlas shrugged fan fiction with zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Deathlands is great pulp fun and I will not hear it slandered.

I agree and I also cannot believe I just now realized what pulp fiction is. :commissar: