Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

awww yeah you got mail jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Did Colbert ever not own?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh god ray lewis

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Backstreet Boys, jeez

Foppery
Dec 27, 2013

I POSSESS THE POWER CHRONIC

lol@ Backstreet Boys humor

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
People had DVD's in 2001?! :stare:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

they were pretty ubiquitous after the ps2 came out in 2000

i got a computer in 99 that had a dvd burner

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, I remember it was a big deal that I bought a DVD-ROM drive for like $50 in 2001 so I could watch movies on my computer because the stand-alone players were still well over $100.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

gently caress you mountain dew

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My family was, as always, way behind the times it seems

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
the one time fishmech's presence is actually desirable to tell us more than any of us need to know about the popularity of dvd players in the early 2000s

e: traffic, that was a silly movie

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

comes along bort posted:

the one time fishmech's presence is actually desirable to tell us more than any of us need to know about the popularity of dvd players in the early 2000s

e: traffic, that was a silly movie

and yet this is like the 3rd or 4th guest he's had on promoting it

fake edit: :laffo: jon won't even go see it

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I remember Traffic was well regarded when it came out but it just looks silly now.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

:laffo: wild wild west, what a movie that was

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

topher

grace

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

FIRST TIME posted:

I remember Traffic was well regarded when it came out but it just looks silly now.

blow came out around the same time and was way more entertaining

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
What the gently caress even is this interview

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Traffic was kind of intense. I remember liking it.

Sure as hell beat out the other movie I watched around that time with a That '70s Show actor, Dude, Where's My Car?

Is Topher high?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Small Frozen Thing posted:

What the gently caress even is this interview

have you not seen wild wild west? go watch it now

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
lol I had never seen Wild Wild West so I decided to look it up. 17% on rotten tomatoes, nice.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Topher Grace bailed on That 70s Show because he was so sure that he was going to be the breakout star of that show, lol.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

comes along bort posted:

blow came out around the same time and was way more entertaining

did blow have topher grace give a really awkward rant about structural racism?? i dont think so

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

seriously go watch wild wild west, you will not be disappointed

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lord Binky posted:

lol I had never seen Wild Wild West so I decided to look it up. 17% on rotten tomatoes, nice.

turns out 83% of reviewers in 2000 were poo poo

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

did blow have topher grace give a really awkward rant about structural racism?? i dont think so

no but it did have paul reubens and bobcat goldthwait

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FIRST TIME posted:

Topher Grace bailed on That 70s Show because he was so sure that he was going to be the breakout star of that show, lol.

Wow. Yeah. And how.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
this is a loving time machine

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
its kind of weird seeing the daily show dealing with its legacy as a lovely entertainment news show. nancy walls isn't that great

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jagchosis posted:

its kind of weird seeing the daily show dealing with its legacy as a lovely entertainment news show. nancy walls isn't that great

i just looked her up and apparently she ended up marrying steve carell

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I feel the need to point out how funny it is to see all those New Yorkers so cocky about the Giants. Baltimore had possibly the best defense of all time that year and wiped the floor with the Giants in that Super Bowl.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
why do companies make really loud annoying adds that they'll then have repeat over and over on streams

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
he's probably pretty right that America was peaking

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
"We as a country have peaked."

You have no idea, Jon. No idea.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jagchosis posted:

They were also still getting away from the Craig Kilborn years, and it didn't quite do it for a few more years. They just got way sillier about it.

Foppery
Dec 27, 2013

I POSSESS THE POWER CHRONIC

Hard to imagine all the poo poo that was goin down when this aired

I mean, the Strokes hadn't even released an album yet

gently caress, I think I was still living in Pakistan at around this time

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Nelly was a hot, new hip hop sensation during this time.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Foppery posted:

I mean, the Strokes hadn't even released an album yet

truly a better time

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
Only eight more months until tribute.avi becomes relevant again...

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I think Stephen might be hitting that.

:edit: Oh wait, wrong Steve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i remember win ben stein's money

• Locked thread