Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
This.

This is what I needed after 12 hours at the office. Jojo liveblogging.

Don't ever stop, alcharagia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Utter perfection.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

The camel stuff is just great, too

Since I've started reading the later parts of the manga, I've started to wonder if one of the upcoming Jojos are better than Joseph. Then I'm reminded of stuff like this and remember that yes, Joseph is the best Jojo.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That's the one I'm accounting for with bad translations personally because I can't fairly say based on a translation that the majority would describe as even "adequate".

This better not be a reference to part 5.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I really wonder why it is that I just can't come around on Joseph.

Jojo is one of those magical series where there's something for everyone, but that also means that not every part will shine for everyone. I loved Battle Tendency from the get-go, and while I've come to appreciate the later parts more, Joseph's goofiness never grows old for me. But hey, other people have different tastes. :shobon:

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, Jojo is filled with marvelous, marvelous assholes.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

at this point i'm seriously like 1 drunken night away from getting a namechange + avatar to have a jojo account

How many people have a jojo account at this point? Josuke, Okuyasu, Jolyne...anyone else?

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Oh man, this arc.

I liked this arc a lot, even though I found it a little silly (for reasons I'll go into later). It's good to see you back, Xibanya!

alcharagia posted:

I think End of THE WORLD is my favorite OP
End of THE WORLD is hype as gently caress. And it only gets better and better as you go through the season.

Viola the Mad fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 9, 2015

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

alcharagia posted:

Get a feeling so complicated...

One of the finest arcs in Part 4. Yukako is so dreadfully underused.

And as long as we're talking about avatar-sized Jojo pictures, does anyone have one of Giorno and Golden Requiem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Xibanya posted:

gasp gasp gasp

I am here, caught up on the thread and hella hype!

Shiiiit I owe ya'll a let's read! While I'm back in action though, any thoughts on any neato anime vs manga analysis I can do while we're here? I'm hype to get back on Jojos now that vidya has slowed down. (Guess who had a table at SXSW :smuggo:) additionally, someone not from SA has sent me some cool materials about the Taiwanese translation that was used to make the Duwang scans so I'll review those and have those up for everyone soon.

Once the anime has started, I'm wondering if it would be more entertaining to pivot the let's read to focus on comparing the episodes with the manga. Thoughts? Or should I carry on as I have. I have to admit everything I've done has been quite "labor intensive" so I'm pretty sure I'll fall behind the anime in no time. (Great, that's embarrassing.)

Please, please keep doing your let's reads! Your analysis gives me life. I'm thinking of rereading the manga alongside the show anyway, and your insights really add to the story.

• Locked thread