Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The second best Jojo is Part 6's.

Fixed that for you.

Also all JoJo's are good in their own way, but some are just more good than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I like that DIO apparently took the time to go fetch a balla-rear end cape before starting the pursuit of his mortal enemies. Gotta look good when killng your ancestral foes.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hey Xibanya, I just want you to know that you're Cool and Good, and so's your analysis.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I somehow totally forgot Angelo just eats a dog's head.

I always found it odd how nonchalantly Josuke's mom reacted to having a hole punched through her as well. It's clear that his Stand is fast, keeping up with Star Platinum and all, but surely it isn't fast enough for her to just go about her business.

It's possible that Araki simply didn't think we needed another panel reflecting a character's confusion at what the gently caress happened to them, but maybe Josuke does this all the time. Like if his mom eats something that upsets her stomach, he just rips the food out and tosses it in the trash.

I think the simplest explanation is that Tomoko's brain just didn't have time to register what just happened before she was back to normal.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just read part 5. It's not like the later parts are going to run away or something.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Supersonic Shine posted:

Okuyasu the Libertarian makes me laugh a lot more than it should. It makes me think of him with yellow clothing and a zig-zag mustache.

Don't forget the bow tie.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
You're dong Dio's work, Xibanya. This is super interesting.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
To be frank I never was that impressed with the Nijimura Bros chapters, but the let's read has really breathed new life into this arc by pointing out a lot of stuff that I never really thought about when reading it myself and I appreciate it a lot more as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Xibanya posted:

gasp gasp gasp

I am here, caught up on the thread and hella hype!

Shiiiit I owe ya'll a let's read! While I'm back in action though, any thoughts on any neato anime vs manga analysis I can do while we're here? I'm hype to get back on Jojos now that vidya has slowed down. (Guess who had a table at SXSW :smuggo:) additionally, someone not from SA has sent me some cool materials about the Taiwanese translation that was used to make the Duwang scans so I'll review those and have those up for everyone soon.

Once the anime has started, I'm wondering if it would be more entertaining to pivot the let's read to focus on comparing the episodes with the manga. Thoughts? Or should I carry on as I have. I have to admit everything I've done has been quite "labor intensive" so I'm pretty sure I'll fall behind the anime in no time. (Great, that's embarrassing.)

Your work so far has been GREAT, so I say that you just do whatever the hell you feel like.

• Locked thread