Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Rohan Kishibe is the best character and deserves a spin-off series. :colbert:

Fortunately, he already has one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like how Part IV starts Josuke off fighting against two Stands with powers that belonged to end-game enemies in Part III.

Iserlohn posted:

There isn't really a fight I can think of at the top of my head that was outright just lucking out besides

I don't know what to tell you if you don't think that was one of the cleverest moments in JJBA.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 11, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The second best Jojo is Part 6's.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

On the topic of Alessi, he's probably the only one of the Egyptian God Stand Users that they could've gotten the secret of The World's power from considering that they were able to render him unconscious even as kids.

Then again, I wouldn't want to look into that guy's mind either.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I don't think he knew what The World did. I think the only people who knew were Enya, Vanilla Ice, Daniel D'arby, and maybe Terence D'arby. (Nukesaku would have had a clue because he was present for the testing with the bullets, at least in the anime, but he wasn't smart enough to actually figure it out.)

N'Doul did too. I was under the impression that everyone in Egypt (aside from Hol Horse) knew what Dio's Stand did.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Iserlohn posted:

I can't wait for anime people to accuse Kira of being a pedophile.

That scene actually made me more uncomfortable than anything Alessi did, although not because of the belief either were pedophiles.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Theme song for Part IV?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKFIDLMliHo

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder if Kenny G. would've been formidable were it not for the fact that Avdol and Iggy ended up having the exact abilities that hard countered him.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That actually would cover the weak spot of both of their Stands, provided they were in an air conditioned hiding spot big enough for two.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You are preaching to the choir. :negative:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Looking at the name changes for Part IV's Stands makes me sad.

And jeez, you guys weren't kidding about the Part V ones getting butchered. The main character's sounds decent enough, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

it would have been fun to see him try some type of sneaky bullshit with Hamon and Hermit Purple

He did. It just never worked.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Sun was a funny episode, but yeah, they could've given it the same treatment as Tower of Gray where the fight was over halfway through the episode and I wouldn't have minded.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like how Avdol just wants to kill Dio because he's not comfortable with the fact he's attracted to him. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

DIO strikes me as the sort of villain who would actually become super depressed if he managed to finally kill off his arch-nemesis (or in this case his arch-nemesis's bloodline).

He actually did kill Jonathan, though. If anything, taking his body seemed to improve his own self-esteem.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That voice sounds like it'd fit Jonathan better than Joseph.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

They cut the tacos line. :(

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The more I listen, the more Joseph sounds like Numbah One.

Diskin is doing his voice, I presume?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Not to mention Killer Queen.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm sad there's never a moment where Jotaro stops time, beats the poo poo out of someone, and then time resumes with them resuming the poo poo beating out of.

Like, Steely Dan but with a beatdown before the beatdown.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The smartest punchghost series on television.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

gigawhite posted:

I just finished Stardust Crusaders and I'm on the ground alternating between crying and pissing myself

I think that's the reaction Araki intended to elicit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

serebralassazin posted:

I was holding off reading the manga as well but then said gently caress it I need more JOJO in my life. I'm close to the end of part 5. No regrets.

JJBA is a golden experience.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That'd make for a really great ending theme for Part 4. Or a hilarious one if it came on after a violent beating.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

I agree that's probably the way to do it, af - oh wait, wait whoops looks like I dropped something, dang

Just an idea. 18 weeks is still kind of a long time maybe?

The titles of these weeks already have me looking forward to things. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

golden bubble posted:

Just like the reason DIO was half-naked for most of SC is "because he wants to show off his body."

You mean Jonathan's body. :shh:

I remember someone posting this lengthy character analysis a while back pointing out that when Dio was in his own body, he seemed pretty full of self-loathing about how he was like his father.

And then he gets in Jonathan's and it's orgies and bloodsucking amidst philosophy discussion every week.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Xibanya posted:

Via narration Koichi notes that he would later get to know Jotaro better and that Jotaro is 28 years old and a notable marine biologist.

This is why we were laughing about the Dark Blue Moon episode and the magazine during the Anubis episode, anime watchers.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Xibanya posted:

I guess Josuke is kind of a crazy person?

To be fair, is there any Jojo that isn't kind of a crazy person?

I mean even Jonathan was the kind of guy who would grab a knife barehanded and risk getting his fingers cut off.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also they super ease off on using the hair thing later on in the manga. I don't think it even comes up in the second half.

I want to say that the hair thing stops coming up after we get the explanation for why he gets pissed off when people make fun of it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't think anyone has asked or explained yet, but I think the first kanji in Higashikata can also be read as "Jo", which is why Araki chose that as Josuke's last name.

So he's still JoJo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

I remember being told that the "suke" in his name can be read as "Jo", so his name can literally be "JoJo"

Right, that's what it was.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

:stare:

That thing with the dog was Dio as hell and I somehow forgot all about it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aqua Necklace is basically Geb with slightly different powers, so it's interesting to see Josuke get thrown up against a Stand that gave the entirety of the Part 3 cast so much trouble.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think the most interesting thing about Crazy Diamond is that it restores things rather than heal them. Josuke was able to shape that guy's nose differently after all. I wonder if Josuke has a desire to be a doctor or something, since he seems to know how to manipulate the human body pretty well.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't help but note that Part 4 picks up with Josuke failing to save his grandpa from a Stand while Part 3 ended with the opposite.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ascalapha odorata posted:

gently caress.

I can't link it so just the video shows but this made me laugh very hard, though that could just be because I'm extremely exhausted.

It's a Jotaro thing

http://poolnareff.tumblr.com/post/127825179702/j0taromp4

Yep. That is definitely going to be how I hear Jotaro from now on.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Part 5 has practically no bearing on Part 6 at all, but it still has a lot of great Stands and Stand battles.

That said, it also probably has the most boring main villain in the series, even if his power is a meme like Za Warudo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Diavolo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

King Crimson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, that was my mistake. I'll go to the manga thread next time.

• Locked thread