Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Seventh Stand User is actually the best Jojo game. It's an RPGMaker fangame that asks the question "What if YOU were a Stardust Crusader?" Featuring 18 different Stands with different playstyles and 19 endings, it's got a lot of content. It's got references to future parts in it, but anything that's not a contextless cameo is optional and out of the way to see.

Are those borrowed sprites from Pokemon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

Okay so I have a proposal. For newcomers and Jojo vets alike. The Part 3 anime just ended, lots of people should want to read Part 4 because it is great so why not share the joy and experience the Golden Heart of Morioh ~~~*together*~~~

Let's Read Diamond is Unbreakable

I basically just made this up using my Stand. I think the breaking up will help us focus on particular parts one at a time, but obviously if we do one a week it'll take forever, and one a day schedule is pretty hard to keep to. So how about ~10 chapters a week? Sound good? As it turns out, with a few exceptions it lines up pretty close with each major "story arc", I suppose. So how about it guys? Are you ready for a crazy time?

This should hopefully remain fairly spoiler free. As you can see, we're looking at some nice, slice of life, calm, suburban schooltime fun.

I'd be game if I wasn't up to chapter 377 already. I don't think I can wait without JoJo for 3 months. :negative:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

Hey Xibanya, I just want you to know that you're Cool and Good, and so's your analysis.

Thirding this. Hope I get to read the Effort series before September, it's super interesting.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I know someone who started to watch Jojo, and quit like 5 episodes into Part 3 and refuses to watch the rest of it. What a sad person.

I know that "it gets good after just watch on" is often bullshit, but the fifth episode of SDC is the one with Polnareff and Avdol, how could you quit with that? The next two are kinda not-as-good as far as fights go though. Right after them: Ebony Devil, Yellow Temperance, and Emperor + Hanged Man.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't think Jotaro is meant to come across as sexist from his comments to women, though I will admit that the parts of Stardust Crusaders where women fawn over him even after he calls them bitches was pretty uncomfortable. It doesn't help that half of the female Stand Users fall in love with either him or Jospeh while one of the others pretends to fall in love with Polnareff.

I saw the whole "bitches" thing as Jotaro being annoyed at the romantic attention in general. The word usage is uncomfortable, what with it being a gendered insult and all, but I feel that it's much less "loving women" and more "loving people annoying me with their attraction". Not that I expected dudes to fawn over Jotaro in 1989, but if they had, he'd probably have a similar reaction, at least judging by his personality.

Definitely not the highest point of the series, though. :smith:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

This is GREAT news

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

I thought the O stood for Oscar, but I have no source, so it could be I just pulled that out of my rear end.

JoJo wiki has it as Orville, but [citation needed]

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently not watching the entirety of Parts 1 and 2 with my girlfriend was a bad idea.

I'll have to make up with the second half of Part 3.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I would be, but ever since got my girlfriend into JoJos I've been wanting to watch the best parts together with her.

Next up is the first D'Arby, all the way until the end.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

God drat I need to get a jojo avatar guys.

Can I emptyquote this?

If I were to drop :10bux: (or is it 5?) it'd be either a JoJo avatar or a penguin guy I use on most sites.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Liking those designs. Very much liking how Part 4 seems to be 'softer' in terms of visuals than Part 3, it really fits in well with the small town aesthetic.
Hoping the rap rumours are true, a pop-ish rap would be pretty fun. Maybe something like Fight The Power? DEFINITELY All Star for the ED.

Jotaro ver. Ka is also fine, he's not a short guy. And, remember that in SDC, he got stabbed in the stomach and that hit his belt, so there's precedent.

Pomp posted:

when will the marketing blitz start

Neutrogena hand cream
Pasta
Designer shoes?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I wish I had a Stand that'd let me jump forward to Fridays. Why must there still be another friday before Friday??

There's a song for that :v:

But, same. Do we have an airdate yet? Like, April 1st, or April 29th?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

cute anime girl posted:

It's April 1st. Or that's what I've been told by the magazine scans.

:vince:
Time to count days.

That's not how you spell Josuke/CrazyD punches spaghetti

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Viz will be simulcasting part 4 and streaming the previous three parts, which pretty much means Jojo's gonna be on Hulu.

Does that mean that the release schedule for non-Hulu streaming services that some of us have to use will be changed?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

This is similar to how I feel about JoJos and machismo. It's a very masculine thing, the characters are trim and muscular (not bodybuilders, but STR wasn't their dump stat by any stretch), engaging in traditional macho pasttimes (fighting), but without a lot of the trappings of modern masculinity. A lot of guys now (or even in 1990) wouldn't own $2k clothes (Jotaro in Part 3 does), because CLOTHES ARE 4 GIRLS (not that I agree), whereas JJBA revels in that kind of extravagance.
Reminds me a bit of what little that I've read from Victorian stuff (maybe it's just that I'm reading Pride and Prejudice now), or even later stuff (Downton Abbey for example). Like, Josuke isn't "well-tailored" as an explicit gently caress-you to anyone, it's just that the notion that men who take such good care in their appearance doesn't seem to exist in JoJo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Alopex posted:

They're gonna give him the Kakyoin Special.

They're gonna date his mom?

• Locked thread