Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mark Addy should be Jonathan in the dub. It's really not a contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Seventh Stand User is actually the best Jojo game. It's an RPGMaker fangame that asks the question "What if YOU were a Stardust Crusader?" Featuring 18 different Stands with different playstyles and 19 endings, it's got a lot of content. It's got references to future parts in it, but anything that's not a contextless cameo is optional and out of the way to see.

Doesn't this game actually have, or will have soon, full scenarios written as if there are future characters as part of the story? I know that Part 4's JoJo is getting a scenario, at least.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just finished up the Wham fight in a rewatch myself.

His death is way more sad than Caesar's. What a guy. :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

Let's Read Diamond is Unbreakable

I like it.

I'm already hyped for Week 6.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

gently caress yuri lowenthal, jonathan needs to sound powerful and jyb is powerful

What you meant is Jonathan should have been Brian Blessed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxkGIpmrYJo

DIO should also be Brian Blessed.
As should everyone include Erina.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Desperado Bones posted:

Regarding Diamond is unbreakable let's read, I'm on chapter 411 of part 4, What the hell is with Araki and naked children with an adult scenes? drat. Stop it.
That's a Japanese thing and it's very weird and disturbing by our standards but over there the connotations aren't quite the same. It's probably more to show innocence and purity rather than anything remotely sexual about it. I don't like it and wish it would go away too, but it is what it is.

A pretty good video showing what things look like to outsiders during The World.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK77U7ACc8I

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sugita is also Mr.Satan in Dragon Ball Kai (and probably Super).

He's the best by default.

e: No, I was thinking of Oldseph.
Sugita is not the best, sorry.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I got the V.A's for Oldseph and Youngseph mixed up and realised a moment after pressing post.

The good news is that Oldseph and Satan are the same dude though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It happens a lot, so I'm used to it.

I am totally not wrong here though.
Koyasu and Ishizuka are the best VAs in JoJo. :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rule 3 is supposed to be that I get mad at him, not him getting mad at me? I don't get it.

e: vvv I see, that's cool.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 4, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It depends how resistant to it you are. If you're determined to not lose it, you never will. He's written to be an American JoJo so he wouldn't have that mind set though.

You guys might never have noticed (I didn't until recently) but for roughly three frames in the Stand Proud OP, a credit turns into a WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've created a chart for you guys to help optimise your JoJo experience.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I can't read or write.

In this case, you should look at the pretty pictures contained within JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Part 4: Josuke Higashikata"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's at least 2 JoJo's better than Joseph.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd personally put the number at 3 and possibly 4. 2 is guaranteed unless you're tasteless!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I totally understand the viewpoint if you're only watching the anime because he's a much more engaging protagonist than Jonathan or Jotaro because he's funny and the captain of the ruse cruise. I certainly like him too, but the other JoJo's I consider better are better for different reasons to why Joseph is good.

I probably prefer Oldseph too, though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jose posted:

Diamond is unbreakable has the best villain

It has the best everything, really.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DIO aint letting that guy in the crib, he'd ruin the mood. That's why Alessi doesn't know the power of The World.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

I don't think he knew what The World did. I think the only people who knew were Enya, Vanilla Ice, Daniel D'arby, and maybe Terence D'arby. (Nukesaku would have had a clue because he was present for the testing with the bullets, at least in the anime, but he wasn't smart enough to actually figure it out.)

You know for a fact that DIO abuses The World to mess around with his mansion bros all the time.

Also, the shotgun shooter in manga isn't explicitly Nukesaku, that's an anime thing. Even so, if you tried to figure it out, you'd probably come to that conclusion because if DIO wanted to lash out at someone to blowing several holes into his chest if things went wrong, Nukesaku's the expendable one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Neowyrm posted:

I come bringing good news: You can finally play as a Pillar Man in Street Fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzrPqNHB1bo

Lame.

They should just have put Wham in.
They should put that magnificent pillar man in everything.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mr Beef Chief only drinks the blood of nubile young women while sat in his bed at his Cairo mansion.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

It's a long-running joke in some pockets of the fanbase that Arabia Fats (The Sun) and Kenny G. would've been invincible.

There is no JoJo character who can stand up to Senator Wilson Phillips if he's ready to throw some knuckle. Mercy got him killed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he did sort of exhaust the existing major arcana and repeated names is sort of lame.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You wish that was as bad as it got.

Jean Pierre "Eiffel" (which is considerably not the worst in ASB)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That one is actually fantastic.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That transformation in the manga takes place in the space of a single weeks publication.
Dog one week, human dog the next.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sekkira posted:

Is there a Shia Labouf link about part 4 I can spam somebody to read it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7bDNJAVRdA

Sorta anyway.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you suddenly had a banging body like that your self esteem would take a bump too, no doubt.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He'll always be a mild cockney in my mind when young. He's a Texan when he's old.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All Star only works for DIO's World and only the first two lines for the roadroller and Kakyoin's bright idea. The rest of it is an abomination.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The experience of never having read something going in is directly replaced by the sheer anticipation of seeing your favourite parts finally animated.

There are so many things in DiU that are going to be extremely good to watch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Don't read Duwang first.
Read it if you want to see what's so funny once you've read all of DiU.

(It's not really that funny and a lot of the "iconic" duwangs are in the better translation)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you do go with the analysis of coloured vs not coloured and how it affects flow or something, bear in mind that the DiU coloured version isn't finished for translations and that it's not coloured by Araki at all, and at most only uses "Araki choice" colour variants

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 17, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Honestly, that's probably for the best. Black and white and in a language that isn't broken is how Araki presented it, that's probably the best way to analyse and discuss it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Also they have to censor stuff in a way that's easy to uncensor for the Blurays

They won't un-censor anything. They'll just do the easiest censorship possible for broadcast versions and poo poo it out. Un-censoring it creates a lot more work than going over it in black with a brush on whatever they paint this stuff in.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They are an official shueisha release but Araki didn't colour them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Xibanya, Part 4 Josuke Higashikata is actually a straight title drop. Diamond is not Crash/Unbreakable is a post publication thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke having three Jo's would make sense, because he's the best and most JoJo JoJoJo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJo only turns me away from anime because, JoJo, nothing compares 2 U!

I'll get my coat.

Also because DiU will happen and it's the best thing (until part 7 for different reasons.)

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 25, 2015

• Locked thread