Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i have the same name as the abyss mc and it shames me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rediscover posted:

i have the same name as the abyss mc and it shames me

luke the fluke

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

FactsAreUseless posted:

Tales of Destiny is goofy as poo poo and I love it.

i remember playing a demo of that game from an opm demo disc and liking it so much that me and my cousin put our money together to get it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tales of Destiny 2 is good as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lots of good names of the man in this thread, but what is the gameplay. Turn based JRPG?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Lots of good names of the man in this thread, but what is the gameplay. Turn based JRPG?

the earlier games were an action rpg on a 2d plane, but the more modern ones switched to a 3d plane. you combo regular attacks and artes, you can juggle, you can set teammates tactics (kind of like ffxii gambits but not as in depth) etc etc

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Real time based.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
They need to freaking port Vesperia to PC. I don't have a 360 and I'm sure the game costs like $2970 dollars.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Love that forced meme

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

real time arpg. it's like halfway between a fighting game and an rpg, there's a rudimentary combo system and special attacks and poo poo. it's not as technical as a fighting game but combat's fluid and feels pretty good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Love that forced meme
In six months you will not know it was forced, I am very influential.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The only Tales games I've really played is Xillia and I thought it was pretty good. Is Graces f better? What are the best ones?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

The only Tales games I've really played is Xillia and I thought it was pretty good. Is Graces f better? What are the best ones?

both destinies, symponia, vesperia, maybe abyss if you can put up with the main guy. haven['t played anything after vesperia, can't help you there

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Average Bear posted:

They need to freaking port Vesperia to PC. I don't have a 360 and I'm sure the game costs like $2970 dollars.

You're not far off, it's the most expensive Xbox 360 game ever. The CE runs more than Earthbound.

After Beating Xillia 1 and 2 I tried playing both Symphonias, Symphonia 2 really does suc. Graces F is better than both Symphonias though.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

In six months you will not know it was forced, I am very influential.

Don't think I haven't noticed the subliminally hidden 2s, 9s, 7s, and 0s in your posts for the past six months.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Don't think I haven't noticed the subliminally hidden 2s, 9s, 7s, and 0s in your posts for the past six months.
I wish you were a lovely poster so I could say "you don't even need to hide the number 2 in your posts, we can all see it" but you're not but I wanted to use it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wish you were a lovely poster so I could say "you don't even need to hide the number 2 in your posts, we can all see it" but you're not but I wanted to use it.

Flame whoever you want, whenever you want.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Live by the troll, die by the troll.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You may flame me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Ha ha ha what is this, a freaking bridge?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They need to re-release both Tales of Destinies because they're the only USA tales games that I don't have and they're super expensive.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Flame whoever you want, whenever you want.

drat you are a really big flamer.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also Milla Maxwell is the best Tales main character person.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Tales of Fails.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The "Fails of..." Series.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TalesOfButtholeGuy

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Tales of games gameplay is generally good, but the stories tend to suck rear end and the main characters tend to have a bad case of retardation. Vesperia was a rare case in that it had a very good protagonist and some good side characters (Repede and Judith), but the rest were ehh. Even so, Vesperia's story went to poo poo in the end.

So if you don't give a gently caress about story and can stand mcs being completely asinine 99% of the time and like cool rear end realtime battles with combo attacks and poo poo, Tales of games are probably worth a look.

Kind of tempted to preorder this because despite Lloyd and Collette being unlikable idiots, I have some fond memories of Symphonia. Probably just nostalgia but still.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

TalesOfButtholeGuy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Laputanmachine posted:

Tales of games gameplay is generally good, but the stories tend to suck rear end and the main characters tend to have a bad case of retardation. Vesperia was a rare case in that it had a very good protagonist and some good side characters (Repede and Judith), but the rest were ehh. Even so, Vesperia's story went to poo poo in the end.

So if you don't give a gently caress about story and can stand mcs being completely asinine 99% of the time and like cool rear end realtime battles with combo attacks and poo poo, Tales of games are probably worth a look.

Kind of tempted to preorder this because despite Lloyd and Collette being unlikable idiots, I have some fond memories of Symphonia. Probably just nostalgia but still.

If every Tales game was about 1/3 as long they'd all be way better.

If they're porting Symphonia then maybe they'll bring over Vesperia and Xillia as well, keeping it to just the better ones. But then they're porting Zestiria which was apparently mediocre, so who knows.

Dec 26, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Wheres Tales of Vesperia. Fuckers

seriously

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

:regd08:
is this real

don't gently caress with me now, OP

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

chumbler posted:

But then they're porting Zestiria which was apparently mediocre, so who knows.

It's coming with all the DLC quests as standard for America. The DLC quests was where the meat of the game was which was why Japanese guys got really pissed.

The base game+DLC is really good as a whole package.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

01011001 posted:

seriously

nice new av for summer, btw

Dec 26, 2012

thanks

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Your screenname is named after the Ayreon album, isn't it?

Also, I was never a fan of the Tales series, only due to its characters tending to act in ways I find unacceptable, really.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Lloyd is very strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If tales is coming to PC imagine the mods for it. :allears:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread