Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

net cafe scandal posted:

The new Tales game will be coming out there, as well. Let's all put our hands together and thank God for another awesome gaming miracle.

tales games are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Hoodrich posted:

tales games are bad.

theyre fun to play

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
tales of the world was cool. it was a crossover and i dont think it worried about how everyone got there, everyone just hung out and did their own thing

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
if Vesperia comes to Steam I will finally play all the Tales Of games that people have nonstop recommended to me

Soral
May 30, 2009

i played and enjoyed tales of symphonia but the feeling i got was that it is an outlier and tales games are typically poo poo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I only have $20 in my steam account... anyone want to buy some tf2 hats?

Dec 26, 2012

Soral posted:

i played and enjoyed tales of symphonia but the feeling i got was that it is an outlier and tales games are typically poo poo

if you were cool with symphonia you probably wont mind mos tof the rest

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Symphonia is the only one I ever played. I dont think I will replay it.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

mabels big day posted:

Symphonia is the only one I ever played. I dont think I will replay it.

it has a bunch of really cool carry over bonuses for ng+ and opportunities to use your new stuff you get and it's still just not quite interesting enough to go through again

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Let's do our best for everyone....by not buying this game.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I would play more of this series if gameplay wasn't blatantly padded out and the characters' personalities were tolerable.

Soral
May 30, 2009

01011001 posted:

if you were cool with symphonia you probably wont mind mos tof the rest

ok. thank you for the advice.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Thanks OP. I'm gonna buy Symphonia. :)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

rediscover posted:

some of them are really good and others are kinda rear end. symphonia and vesperia are both win and worth playing

thats cool

have my eye on this might preorder if it gets me a free ToS

I played vesperia some, it was fun last i remembered

symphonia seems to have the more memorable characters thus far, like sheena and whatsherface

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Givin posted:

Let's do our best for everyone....by not buying this game.

durrrr! GBS rulez! I hate gaming and myself!! :D

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I couldn't stand the amount of shounen tropes being played straight when playing Xillia, Symphonia and Abyss. The Tales games are really only interesting for their combat.

Slur fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 6, 2015

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Nuanced and subverted shounen tropes

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I've enjoyed Vesperia because, even though it ascribes to virtues of loyalty and friendship like any other Tales game, it also takes the time to establish the relationships between other characters. Also Yuri is a cool dude and his murder streak is only accessory to that.

Granted, the only other Tales game I've actually played was Graces, in which Asbel only knew Richard for maybe an hour when he was like 7 and that means he would die for Richard. I've also played Symphonia, but it's been halfway to forever since I've actually done so.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I saw an article about this announcement today where the author said the news made her squee so I shan't be buying this game or reading that website anymore.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I saw an article about this announcement today where the author said the news made her squee so I shan't be buying this game or reading that website anymore.

what was the website

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Hell, it makes me want to glomp her.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I posted on the Tales series forum when I was young and foolish. It was a bad time in my life. I only really liked Symphonia and I can't remember why.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I posted on the Tales series forum when I was young and foolish. It was a bad time in my life. I only really liked Symphonia and I can't remember why.

it was good

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ToS is already on PC though

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Steam description is good:

In a dying world, legend has it that a Chosen One will one day rise from amongst the people and the land will be reborn. The line between good and evil blurs in this epic adventure where the fate of two interlocked worlds hangs in the balance.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

The Steam description is good:

In a dying world, legend has it that a Chosen One will one day rise from amongst the people and the land will be reborn. The line between good and evil blurs in this epic adventure where the fate of two interlocked worlds hangs in the balance.

So every jRPG ever.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

The line between good and evil blurs
er, hm.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Slur posted:

So every jRPG ever.

yeah, it's cool

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Slur posted:

So every jRPG ever.

Insanely GBS takedown. My God the entire genre just got nuked.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jrpgs are insanely good

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

haha

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bDTUUmIrkE

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hell, it makes me want to glomp her.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Slur posted:

I couldn't stand the amount of shounen tropes being played straight when playing Xillia, Symphonia and Abyss. The Tales games are really only interesting for their combat.

Shounen tropes ftw.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mabels big day posted:

Shounen tropes ftw.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Shounen tropes ftw.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

defeating your enemies through the power of friendship, hard work, and believing in yourself to overcome impossible odds? pff hella gay brah

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wish regal didn't do the whole handcuffs thing even after his crime thing is done

it could be like how citan goes from fistfighting to swordfighting in xenogears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

i wish regal didn't do the whole handcuffs thing even after his crime thing is done

it could be like how citan goes from fistfighting to swordfighting in xenogears

Fighting with his hands tied up is extremely badass.

• Locked thread