Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Baxter posted:

Gary isn't a bad stinkbug name, but if its laying eggs then wouldn't it be a female stinkbug?

from stinkbugsmackdown.com -
"This is the time where their numbers begin to multiply exponentially, as a single female stink bug can lay up to 400 eggs over the course of a summer"

Garette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Name her Charity because that's a good name for a lascivious knocked up whore bug.

Cool bug eggs though man.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine you went to take a dump and a bunch of glue and eggs came out instead.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Hitler posted:

gay still chillin,

no new eggs

Are these eggs already fertilized or are they just going to dry out without another stink bug?

Most bug egg shells are complex and multilayered to keep the baby from drying out. This means they have to be fertilized before they are laid, otherwise the sperm can't get in. Bugs vary a lot though -- the ones that lay their eggs in rotten poo poo don't have the moisture barrier (rotten poo poo has moisture so drying isn't a problem), others just make male babies from unfertilized eggs and females from fertilized eggs, a few are hermaphroditic and can self fertilize. I don't know about Gary but probably she hosed a while ago. Some female bugs get fertilized the minute they leave their pupae or whatever and carry the jizz around for a long time before using it, like the Japanese.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

axolotl farmer posted:

your plant is infested with aphids.

lady bugs almost exclusively eat aphids.

ladybugs are vicious killers and eat any loving crawly thing they get their mouthparts on but yeah it's usually aphids.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

.random posted:

Ladybugs are cool :( I wish I could train them to eat wasps. when did this become hate-on-ladybugs thread?

No man ladybugs are cool. They just also happen to be voracious and aggressive insect eating predators.

Cockroaches are actually extremely intelligent hunter bugs as well, too bad they want to live in my loving house so much and poo poo on my dishware.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A Stupid Baby posted:

post a picture of this co worker

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

klapman posted:

what the gently caress are you waiting for, give it CPR

Bugs don't have a cardiopulmonary system you stupid loving yardape.

Swish her from side to side and gently blow across the holes in her exoskeleton that let oxygen in STAT

Get the heart monitor on that bug, let's see if we have a rhythm.

Oxygen hose is up? Alright, give that to the blower.

Oh Jesus here we go. Get that intubation kit out if here idiot! Bugs don't have a trachea! What a Coney Island rear end easter. Klapman I swear you'll do something right some day but until that day get out of my loving sight!

Get me access to the fluid cavity -- go in through the soft tissue between the joints next to the thorax. I need 0.25 micrograms of epi every five minutes. You have that bug hooked up yet? I need a rhythm before we get to the good stuff!

raton fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
That btw is how bug ACLS would go more or less.

• Locked thread