Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
This game is cool. I played a couple levels of it and I'm having a good time. It's a turn based action platformer, which is to say when you start fighting enemies you go into turn based mode, and each turn you can jump somewhere, or kill someone if you're close by them, or use a special move if you have enough points. You build up points in combat I'm not sure how it works. I can't think of anything quite like it. It looks like Gunpoint but it's a lot more fun. Anyway check it out if you like video games.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274230/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I like the movie. Don't know about the video game though.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I like the movie. Don't know about the video game though.

They're both good.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ragg posted:

This game is cool. I played a couple levels of it and I'm having a good time. It's a turn based action platformer, which is to say when you start fighting enemies you go into turn based mode, and each turn you can jump somewhere, or kill someone if you're close by them, or use a special move if you have enough points. You build up points in combat I'm not sure how it works. I can't think of anything quite like it. It looks like Gunpoint but it's a lot more fun. Anyway check it out if you like video games.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274230/

this looks pretty cool, thanks for the tip Ragg

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
The turn based element is a good way to have gameplay where you're an ultra leet ninja assassin dude but super squishy, and there's a bunch of enemies fighting you at once, without it being insanely frustrating cuz somethingl ike that wouldn't really work in an action game. The guys would have to be less lethal or youd have to be tougher. I dig that aspect of it. Also theres some clever level design like at a point you start fighting guys in a room and theres a room full of guys that's like across a chasm that are gonna raise an alarm. So you gotta either take out the room you're in super quick or start jumping between the two rooms, so they dont get to raise teh alarm. Good times.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Ragg posted:

The turn based element is a good way to have gameplay where you're an ultra leet ninja assassin dude but super squishy, and there's a bunch of enemies fighting you at once, without it being insanely frustrating cuz somethingl ike that wouldn't really work in an action game. The guys would have to be less lethal or youd have to be tougher. I dig that aspect of it. Also theres some clever level design like at a point you start fighting guys in a room and theres a room full of guys that's like across a chasm that are gonna raise an alarm. So you gotta either take out the room you're in super quick or start jumping between the two rooms, so they dont get to raise teh alarm. Good times.
This sounds good.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ragg posted:

drat that sounds really cool, i'm gonna have to pick this up when I get some money together

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ragg posted:

yeah some of my favorite parts are when im taking on two rooms full of dudes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

yeah some of my favorite parts are when im taking on two rooms full of dudes

paging knuc

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
looks like a mix between mark of the ninja and gunpoint

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

looks like a mix between mark of the ninja and gunpoint

Kinda I guess but its not a stealth game. YOu're encouraged to brutally murder every1.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What's in the suitcase

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Eye of Widesauron posted:

What's in the suitcase
Ice skates.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Steam isn't letting me purchase things lately or I would, OP.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

its badass

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
thats an interesting concept. i remember seeing a video clip from devolver's little montage at E3. i didnt realize that it was turn based though.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Do you get an error when adding thinsg to your cart. I got that until I cleared all me cookies for steam.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There is also a demo for this, and I am downlaoding it now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Do you get an error when adding thinsg to your cart. I got that until I cleared all me cookies for steam.

No when I check out it fucks me over. On my wormskull account anyway. I'll have to buy it on the other one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished the demo and purchased the full game. Thanks for the thread, this is like a badass version of Gunpont where you merciless slaughter businessmen instead of trying to hack their email like a pussy.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Looks like rear end, op

But the gameplay sounds cool. "Turn based platformer"

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

No when I check out it fucks me over. On my wormskull account anyway. I'll have to buy it on the other one.

Goondolences.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

I finished the demo and purchased the full game. Thanks for the thread, this is like a badass version of Gunpont where you merciless slaughter businessmen instead of trying to hack their email like a pussy.

Hell yeah.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No skin off my nose , because the cost came out of my WWE2k15 PC refund cash.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Wisegal level was very tough, and its only 2/5ths of the way through the game. drat!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

i enjoyed gunpoint.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

i enjoyed gunpoint.

Me too. This is like more gunpoint with a tweak on the gameplay

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

i really liked gunpoint, but, that does sound better

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

be sure to play ng+ once you finish it, it adds in more tough enemies and machine gunners shoot up and down rather than a straight line

Dec 26, 2012

the part of gunpoint i didnt like was that everything became a puzzle using that one electrical thing you get after awhile and more or less stayed there until the last mission but at least they were cool puzzles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

the part of gunpoint i didnt like was that everything became a puzzle using that one electrical thing you get after awhile and more or less stayed there until the last mission but at least they were cool puzzles

Yeah. Each combat part is a neat puzzle, and it even has the mandatory club level that every indie game has post-Hotline Miami.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

In Training posted:

Yeah. Each combat part is a neat puzzle, and it even has the mandatory club level that every indie game has post-Hotline Miami.

club levels have been a thing since shinobi on the genesis

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i thought the last stage was really frustrating because of the lack of checkpoints but as i figured it out it became my favorite probably

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Gunpoint is so good... I'll check this out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Gunpoint has snappier controls, as this can feel sluggish outside of the turn-based parts. But the combat in this really really cool

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

SM64Guy posted:

its badass
Well now I don't know what to think...

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
every time I think "oh that was loving bullshit" i figure out something new and cool about the game and how to play it. thats how games should be imo

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

The Wisegal level was very tough, and its only 2/5ths of the way through the game. drat!

Stealth kill helped a lot on that one.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Is this about the Frank Miller comic? It was pretty o.k..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Sizone posted:

Is this about the Frank Miller comic? It was pretty o.k..

You're posting in the video game forum smacktard.

• Locked thread