Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Motorcycle helmets are one of the all time coolest things to wear. Badass and useful. Stylish.. a close up shot of blood hitting the visor. Its cracked after a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i love you ronin girl

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I beat ng+

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
You can really abuse sword throw & recall outside combat O_o

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ragg posted:

You can really abuse sword throw & recall outside combat O_o

How's that? I thought sword throw needed a target

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Motorcycle helmets are one of the all time coolest things to wear. Badass and useful. Stylish.. a close up shot of blood hitting the visor. Its cracked after a fight.

especiaslly ones that have skulls on them

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

How's that? I thought sword throw needed a target

Your combo points dont go away immediately outside combat so if you kill a dude then jump towards a dude immediately you can throw, recall, get the sowrd in the air and throw it again and clear a whole room that way without ever going into combat... if you do it right.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ragg posted:

Your combo points dont go away immediately outside combat so if you kill a dude then jump towards a dude immediately you can throw, recall, get the sowrd in the air and throw it again and clear a whole room that way without ever going into combat... if you do it right.

im all for cheesing games in certain ways but this seems a bit much

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SM64Guy posted:

It is what it is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

It's a skilled assassin effortlessly clearing a room of men out for his life without a single one being alerted. It's impressive.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i guess i cheesed the stealth a bit by hopping over their eye lasers and lynching dudes before they called in an alarm

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I wish I had one...

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SM64Guy posted:

i guess i cheesed the stealth a bit by hopping over their eye lasers and lynching dudes before they called in an alarm

Thats not really cheesing imo

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ragg posted:

Thats not really cheesing imo

i guess its more cheesing the ai if anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hm, I think cheesing is different in a context like this. The whole game is turn based exploitation of AI, I mean they show you the laser point location of shots. Cheesing would be like, killing someone through an impassable wall or something.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

I wish I had one...

If you get on a motorcycle, one will appear for you to put on your head, like in GTA.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Hm, I think cheesing is different in a context like this. The whole game is turn based exploitation of AI, I mean they show you the laser point location of shots. Cheesing would be like, killing someone through an impassable wall or something.

yeah maybe so, i guess im saying there are points where you can lynch a bunch of dudes but it doesn't seem intended. then again the author is dead and all that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also think the author in this case is Polish, and should be dead.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

I ran itno a lot of weird poo poo like glitching thru walls on ng+

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SM64Guy posted:

yeah maybe so, i guess im saying there are points where you can lynch a bunch of dudes but it doesn't seem intended. then again the author is dead and all that

Idk it semed intentional to me. Theo nly place where it arguably isnt is wisegal... since you have to abuse pause to do it before the alarm is raised.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ragg posted:

Idk it semed intentional to me. Theo nly place where it arguably isnt is wisegal... since you have to abuse pause to do it before the alarm is raised.

Are you playing with a gamepad or MKB. I ask because the mouse feels kinda sluggish or weird, since left click doesn't immediately bring up the jump arc, so there have definitely been times where I thought time was pauses and had an alarm go off

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ragg posted:

yeah thats how it felt in a couple areas, like id jump down, slash a dude, and manage to jump away from the laser a split xsecond before it caught me

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Are you playing with a gamepad or MKB. I ask because the mouse feels kinda sluggish or weird, since left click doesn't immediately bring up the jump arc, so there have definitely been times where I thought time was pauses and had an alarm go off

it just doesnt pause at times in real time for whatever reason, i got busted by a few alarms liek that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dodging a shot by using the kill animation to slide out of range feels really good

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

Can you even play this with a gamepad.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SM64Guy posted:

it just doesnt pause at times in real time for whatever reason, i got busted by a few alarms liek that

Just hold down space bar constantly.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
HOldnig space bar pauses but say if you throw you sword it will travel really far in really little time... thats part of the reason why its so op. Same with stringing dudes up, if you hold pause while you do it and a laser is scanning for you the lynching will go faster than the laser scanning relatively speaking... so you can get away and lynch all the dudes before the alarm goes off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ragg posted:

Can you even play this with a gamepad.

It has full gamepad support. I guess the way it works is you just move the right stick to auto pause and start aiming a jump or grapple.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

It has full gamepad support. I guess the way it works is you just move the right stick to auto pause and start aiming a jump or grapple.

Neat.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Now I'm hungry for some Mac and cheese lol.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Ragg posted:

This game is cool. I played a couple levels of it and I'm having a good time. It's a turn based action platformer, which is to say when you start fighting enemies you go into turn based mode, and each turn you can jump somewhere, or kill someone if you're close by them, or use a special move if you have enough points. You build up points in combat I'm not sure how it works. I can't think of anything quite like it. It looks like Gunpoint but it's a lot more fun. Anyway check it out if you like video games.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274230/

gay indie trash

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hoodrich posted:

gay indie trash
Why do you post in every Imp Zone thread if your posts are always very bad?

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why do you post in every Imp Zone thread if your posts are always very bad?

i'm sorry, could you please show me how to make great posts as you're obviously so loving incredible at it? human being

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hoodrich posted:

i'm sorry, could you please show me how to make great posts as you're obviously so loving incredible at it? human being
Don't post in the way you post. Post differently.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Hoodrich posted:

don't sign your posts haha gotcha.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whirlwind Jones posted:

don't sign your posts haha gotcha.

You are beady eyed freak who used GBS tips to socially engineer your sex life, but I'd still give it a slamming once or thrice.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

You are beady eyed freak who used GBS tips to socially engineer your sex life, but I'd still give it a slamming once or thrice.
Silently, In Training returns his blade to its sheath.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I'd slam it as well.. his head, in a car door, I mean. :grin:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Make love, not war, nor bad video games.

The combat for this one just seems weird to me. Is it a satisfying system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I also think the author in this case is Polish, and should be dead.

I hate Slavs and I won't support a Slavic game.

• Locked thread