Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Do we lose our invasion talents/triumph square when we switch guilds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Probably, given that they are tied to guilds.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
I'm pretty sure they just go inactive until you join another guild with the requirements for them.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Has weird goon drama wrecked this game yet?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Surprisingly no, it's more the weekly progress gating combined with the fact that there's very little to do at god level without guildmates means that each week more people ascend to godhood, realize they can't do anything unless more people are gods, and stop playing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Kurieg posted:

:psyduck:
Doing a 10 man to unlock harder versions of a 5 man is the most ludicrously backwards game design in a game full of ludicrously backwards game design.

This kind of post is very troubling. I do not think this game is a good idea for me :smith:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It's surprisingly not that bad now that I've run them, as the 10 mans only take about 30-40 minutes to run once the group is formed.

The game is basically still in beta, there's a lot of QOL changes they need to make. What's heartening is that they're actually starting to make a few of them.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
For me, it was the knowledge that all future events will be gambling lockboxes and that they will contain very real gameplay boosts.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Orabilis posted:

For me, it was the knowledge that all future events will be gambling lockboxes and that they will contain very real gameplay boosts.

You can pretty easily save your cash for them, just keep a ton of money banked and then each event you'll have the reserves to easily buy the widget.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Washout posted:

You can pretty easily save your cash for them, just keep a ton of money banked and then each event you'll have the reserves to easily buy the widget.

That's not an excuse and you know it. Events should enrich gameplay and reward players with additional stuff for their efforts. Also like hell it's beta. Sure, they call it beta and it seems to be the norm these days but that excuse doesn't fly just because you're not wiping, it stop being a beta once it's widely available and they're actually running cash grab events at the very least.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Morglon posted:

That's not an excuse and you know it. Events should enrich gameplay and reward players with additional stuff for their efforts. Also like hell it's beta. Sure, they call it beta and it seems to be the norm these days but that excuse doesn't fly just because you're not wiping, it stop being a beta once it's widely available and they're actually running cash grab events at the very least.

It's true the events are poo poo, they should be new mini games that get regularly released so you can gently caress around with them when in queue or whatever. But you can mitigate it with some savings. I still am not doing anomalies yet but I'm still liking the game, we'll see how it pans out once I hit 36k.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The issue is that "Saving Money" means that you aren't spending it on upgrading ether nodes or temples or your weapon/ring/accessory things. And while there's catch-up mechanics for your spark caps, there isn't one for your credit caps.

Because they want you to spend real money to get those credits.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

Has weird goon drama wrecked this game yet?

Nope a boring, half baked game managed to do it all on it's own ;)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Stanley Pain posted:

Nope a boring, half baked game managed to do it all on it's own ;)

Well that's just not right, going to need someone to get on correcting that and ruin the guild properly.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Kurieg posted:

The issue is that "Saving Money" means that you aren't spending it on upgrading ether nodes or temples or your weapon/ring/accessory things. And while there's catch-up mechanics for your spark caps, there isn't one for your credit caps.

Because they want you to spend real money to get those credits.

A further underlying issue is that spending money on all of the above things you listed actually hurts your relative power. You only want to upgrade your Ring Booster - everything else is basically just Prestige inflation - and even then, the prices on Enhancement Stones accelerates so quickly that the stat boosts are relatively worthless for you. If you really want to min/max your damage, you actually want your Prestige as low as possible, making it counter-intuitive...

A better way to spend your Credits is getting Premium to save you time for farming Holy Texts to convert into Credits to buy more Premium.

BadLlama posted:

Well that's just not right, going to need someone to get on correcting that and ruin the guild properly.

Everyone's too busy making GBS threads on WildStar to care about a little Russian game that's generally sound outside of strange design decisions. Besides, everything will just be disappointing after the trainwreck that was ArcheAge, so why bother?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Guild is seriously dead, no guild chat for more than 24 hours. Anyone have a line on a good guild to join?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Yar, I got tired of talking to myself. We should probably just jump ship, but I have no idea where to.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
I had a couple guilds along the way extend offers, but I'd have to see what their schedules/demands are like.

The first one was super serious, which might be hard given my schedule, and they had a 50K credits/week tax.

The second one I don't know much about.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Glad to see the game fosters a community like that. I've done the guild tax/raid this many times per week thing and there's no way in hell I'm going back to that. Not saying it's not at least a decent game but with the way progression works and the events maybe I've gotten everything I can out of it.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Jesus the game turns into an Everest 1 northern ro simulator when you hit 36k xp, you sit there for 45 minutes getting a group, then one person dies and ragequits and the group disbands, repeat...

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Really? strange..

You're probably dealing with a different group of people that get more irritable at that stuff, but there have been lots of deaths in those for me, especially in the early going - regardless of if it's Isabella or anomalies.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I joined a guild called <exile> that seems fairly normal so far, but I'm not sure the average goon could be in the guild without instantly offending everyone. I'm not even sure I'll be in it for long if you can't even casually give each other poo poo.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Washout posted:

Guild is seriously dead, no guild chat for more than 24 hours. Anyone have a line on a good guild to join?

Well that didn't take long

Distrata
Jan 24, 2007
Meh

Washout posted:

I joined a guild called <exile> that seems fairly normal so far, but I'm not sure the average goon could be in the guild without instantly offending everyone. I'm not even sure I'll be in it for long if you can't even casually give each other poo poo.

Hey, I'm in that guild as well. I haven't really seen anyone get offended by stuff that was said, at least not yet. I know my friends and I harp on another member all the time but nothing has been said to us.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Distrata posted:

Hey, I'm in that guild as well. I haven't really seen anyone get offended by stuff that was said, at least not yet. I know my friends and I harp on another member all the time but nothing has been said to us.

Hey sweet hopefully we bump into each other. I'm QQQ QQQQ ingame.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

Well that didn't take long

It made it significantly longer than I thought it would tbh.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Well I quit, failed 3 out of 3 isabella runs at the final boss, this game is a pile of poo poo and it can go to hell. It's like everquest 1 lovely raiding and failing constantly all over again. It's insanely difficult to get a group to do anything that you really need to accomplish.

Like 5 hours of bullshit and accomplished nothing. At best I would have gotten like 60 tac sense, and you need to grind that bullshit up to like 500 ASAP or you are useless. Game actually becomes so insanely grindy past 36k that if I had known about it earlier I never would have bothered.

Every single time I was outdamaging like 2 or 3 of the other dps in the group, and I was the groups Alchemist and only 36k.

Washout fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 12, 2015

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Washout posted:

Well I quit, failed 3 out of 3 isabella runs at the final boss, this game is a pile of poo poo and it can go to hell. It's like everquest 1 lovely raiding and failing constantly all over again. It's insanely difficult to get a group to do anything that you really need to accomplish.

Like 5 hours of bullshit and accomplished nothing. At best I would have gotten like 60 tac sense, and you need to grind that bullshit up to like 500 ASAP or you are useless. Game actually becomes so insanely grindy past 36k that if I had known about it earlier I never would have bothered.

Every single time I was outdamaging like 2 or 3 of the other dps in the group, and I was the groups Alchemist and only 36k.

Wow, thats terrible... I have never even seen a scout run fail.
EDIT: none of my rear end runs ever failed either, but I can imagine it. Never run rear end, it's for spergs

Reicere fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 12, 2015

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Yeah... me either.

That's some poo poo luck.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Man I just saw this game for the first time yesterday and I'm really surprised I haven't seen it sooner... It hits me right it so many ways. It's a shame to see that the goon guild is apparently dead?

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Lunimeow posted:

Man I just saw this game for the first time yesterday and I'm really surprised I haven't seen it sooner... It hits me right it so many ways. It's a shame to see that the goon guild is apparently dead?

Here is what end-game event gameplay looks like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRNUQNE5Xrc

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
What is even going on in this video? is that the real money currency?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

That's someone spending nearly 40,000 argents to try and speed up the latest "event" which is a race. It takes 8 hours for the races to complete normally and odds are you will only get 1 or 2 points towards the 1500 that you require to get maximum rewards.

At the current exchange rate that's about $50 and he didn't even get the highest tier reward.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
I don't know what the dog tags are and I assume the second to last thing is some kind of mount but other than that it looks like the rest of the items are cosmetics? Seems like a standard F2P give us your money for pretty much nothing event not endgame? Sorry if I sound ignorant I don't really know anything about this game yet.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I love the gameplay too, but the events look like they have non-cosmetic items. The Grand Prix event we already had featured multiple specialization unlocks, and the next event will have multiple chapels, which provide more stat buffs than would be possible without it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Lunimeow posted:

I don't know what the dog tags are and I assume the second to last thing is some kind of mount but other than that it looks like the rest of the items are cosmetics? Seems like a standard F2P give us your money for pretty much nothing event not endgame? Sorry if I sound ignorant I don't really know anything about this game yet.

Cosmetics are fine but the events have had events such as dual spec, more than dual spec, the ability to slot two chapels per region and 25% more gains from might and stamina. Now those events other than dual spec haven't happened for the not Russian release yet but they said they changed it in a way that people should be able to get at least that without spending real money. They made it twice as long which still made it very unlikely you'd get it without investing anything and on top of that more spec slots were flat out impossible, and because that's not enough the top tier reward was the best mount in the game. So no, it's not just cosmetics, it's straight up selling power.

Also the latest batch of costumes we got was up to five times more expensive than in the Russian version with the official explanation that westerners just make more money. That's just a straight up gently caress you and I won't put up with this poo poo.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Oct 13, 2015

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Oh, wow. Well that's disappointing, at first glance there is hardly anything to even spend real money on but I guess that's all just to hook you in for the endgame. Thats really a shame because this game seems like it has a lot of potential. It definitely seems like I game I would play if it were subscription based.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lunimeow posted:

You missed the boat on this game. Some of us called it a while ago (during beta) that the game's limited content would get grindy and repetitive. It was fun enough to play for a while after launch but the grind became worse and worse, and the content was bland as heck,

It didn't help that they doubled down on even more grindy poo poo that basically required you to spend money on.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Also while poo poo scaled it didn't do so unless you grouped so eventually all the open world areas and adventures will no longer give you anything. By the time I quit I had outleveled something like a quarter of the adventures and I liekd doing those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
See I enjoy super grinding and repetitive poo poo though... the only games I've ever gotten to max level in were super loving grindy. Ragnarok online (max rebirth), ffxi max level on multiple jobs (before Abyssia), pso/psu/pso2, TSW (ugh god please). I guess the least grindy game I have gotten to max level in was ffxiv which is still pretty grindy.... and i maxed all three gatherers and all the crafters but only three combat classes. I don't generally have an issue with f2p bullshit shenanigans as long as 1. content isn't physically locked out by a paywall (bonus if you can get the rmt currency in game.) 2. The game isn't crippled by inventory/class/skill/gameplay restrictions. A f2p game with a subscription that when you subscribe to you basically get what the game would have been if it was sub based not just here's 50% more money and exp and stuff.

E: Oh yeah and guild wars and guild wars 2
E2: And destiny and most recently neverwinter (plus tailoring to max)... Man, I have absolutely no life and I hate myself.

Lunimeow fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 13, 2015

• Locked thread