Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I played Vindictus for a good while. That's supposed to be one of the more bullshit grindy exploitative games out there but when I started there was this event that pretty much rewarded me for doing anything really and got me a decent amount of boosters, two weeks of premium and a free costume. When Nexon compares favorably to you I don't even know what to say anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Morglon posted:

Cosmetics are fine but the events have had events such as dual spec, more than dual spec, the ability to slot two chapels per region and 25% more gains from might and stamina. Now those events other than dual spec haven't happened for the not Russian release yet but they said they changed it in a way that people should be able to get at least that without spending real money. They made it twice as long which still made it very unlikely you'd get it without investing anything and on top of that more spec slots were flat out impossible, and because that's not enough the top tier reward was the best mount in the game. So no, it's not just cosmetics, it's straight up selling power.

Also the latest batch of costumes we got was up to five times more expensive than in the Russian version with the official explanation that westerners just make more money. That's just a straight up gently caress you and I won't put up with this poo poo.
Uh not quite.

The top tier reward was a hat, at 1000pp. The mount was at 750pp.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
That's still ten times the amount the average person will get.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
True, but how much of a difference does that mount make? You can't mount in combat and you teleport around between maps.

The second set option is now for sale for Victor's Medals. Speaking of which...

quote:

For example, after reading all the feedback from the community regarding the Grand Prix promotion and discussing it with the dev team, beginning with the upcoming Law & Order promotion you will place higher more often so you’ll get more than 1 or 2 points per round. We’ll also have the Optimizer 1 and II (bonus Chapel items) replaced with a quantity of Victor’s Medals, and will be moving the Optimizer 1 and II into the Market for sale for Victor’s Medals right away, since there are ways to farm Victor’s Medals in-game as well as through the promotion. This gives players multiple, fair ways to get their hands on bonus chapels even after the promotion ends. These changes were made by the developers with the intent to make the promotion more open and engaging for you.
...there will be some changes.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Teleporting costs money for non subscribers though so mounts do make a difference. Not huge but it's there. Also while those are good changes I can't help but wonder how many people they've lost because of the poo poo way they've handled all that up until now. Good start at least.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
So I logged in today and somehow got another mechanoid atlas which is weird because I already got and used one and have been unlocking stuff in it... and now I have the extra one stuck in my inventory and I can't seem to get rid of it.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Yeah, that happened to me. I hope they fix that.

The Optimizer I and II (double chapels) is out. By I and II it means you can use I on one province and II on another province.

So, at most, you can have two provinces with two chapels. You cannot have all provinces with two chapels. You have to be picky.

You could rush it and get them, or you could just wait and accumulate medals over time to get them. The police event apparently has provided the requisite medals to people already - cheaper than buying medals directly.

e: I had a bunch of argents so I dropped 5k argents (and credits for tickets). Through the rewards, I got some more tickets, and hit +25 three times. Hit 200 points pretty quick with that, but that might be pretty lucky rolls. Not going to accelerate to 900 for the other one, though.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 15, 2015

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Evil_Greven posted:

Yeah, that happened to me. I hope they fix that.

The Optimizer I and II (double chapels) is out. By I and II it means you can use I on one province and II on another province.

So, at most, you can have two provinces with two chapels. You cannot have all provinces with two chapels. You have to be picky.

:negative:

So again, in a game where you can be literally every class but only have one character, they are making more ways where you can make incorrect decisions that lock you out of certain playstyles.

I mean yeah, anyone who wants to DPS is probably going to chose the crit/crushing blow provinces, but dedicated supports/tanks probably wouldn't want those provinces to have two chapels instead of something else.

I'm becoming more and more glad I've basically given up on the game.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
I've narrowed it down to two Accuracy provinces which are pretty ideal for tanking or DPS - #1 (which has two or three good options for both) and uh... gently caress I don't remember... #5 maybe...

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Doesn't cover switching between different builds either but as long as strength/luck is universally good that's not a problem. Glad to see that they're actually listening though because I really want to come back to this. So one end game revamp away from that happening.

Harry Manback
Sep 22, 2009
Been getting into this for whatever awful reason. Any room in God Awful? Name's Harry Manback in game.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Kurieg posted:

That's someone spending nearly 40,000 argents to try and speed up the latest "event" which is a race. It takes 8 hours for the races to complete normally and odds are you will only get 1 or 2 points towards the 1500 that you require to get maximum rewards.

At the current exchange rate that's about $50 and he didn't even get the highest tier reward.

This is not anywhere near the worst part of the game, the worst part is when you finally get to 36 or 40k and start trying to play "shout for group" the game and get nowhere.

The game was actually a lot more fun when I thought it was just a fun cities of heroes kind of grindfest, not a lower guk good luck getting a group kind of grindfest.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Washout posted:

This is not anywhere near the worst part of the game, the worst part is when you finally get to 36 or 40k and start trying to play "shout for group" the game and get nowhere.

The game was actually a lot more fun when I thought it was just a fun cities of heroes kind of grindfest, not a lower guk good luck getting a group kind of grindfest.

Oh no, I reached that point and I stopped playing. Once they actually start taking dungeons away from you because they decided to put an arbitrary upper limit on scaling it really starts to show how little there is to do in this game.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Kurieg posted:

Oh no, I reached that point and I stopped playing. Once they actually start taking dungeons away from you because they decided to put an arbitrary upper limit on scaling it really starts to show how little there is to do in this game.

Exactly this and the worst part is it still scales when you group so there is literally no reason to not do so when solo.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

This game died faster than I expected lmao.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

This game died faster than I expected lmao.

Should I cancel my download?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

VictorKordes posted:

Should I cancel my download?

It is fun. Just not for a very long time.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah it's perfectly fine to play in bursts when you set yourself a goal. I came back, farmed one of the costumes and now I'm probably not gonna play for a while. Was less grindy than I initially thought but still too grindy to be fun.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It's fine and fun right up until you unlock god form. Which is, unfortunately, a really bad place for the game to drop off. But that will take you a good 6 weeks to accomplish even if you're meeting your caps every week. So if you're enjoying it now you can get as much playtime out of it as you would a AAA title.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
So no one plays this at all anymore?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I log in every now and then but there's no real way for me to advance, poo poo just gets replaced with stronger poo poo and I'm not doing the raids or the standing around a tree killing poo poo for four hours straight thing. It was pretty cool while it lasted though.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

wjs5 posted:

So no one plays this at all anymore?

It's a typical f2p game where it's fun for awhile before paying becomes virtually necessary to progress, and it seems like everyone who was interested has already reached that point.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Paying wasn't necessary to progress, but after a certain point the game got boring as poo poo, no matter how much money you spent or didn't spend on it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It also didn't help that some classes were just flat out better at pvp and stuff making it trivial to win if you had them.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Last time I did PvP that was still the case, tank classes are straight up superior to everything else and Knights are better than Paladins. If they are built a certain way you can focus them all they want they're not gonna die. On top of that Knights can keep you stun locked with their loving eagles it's not balanced in the least.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna guess the answer is "no," but is anybody still playing this? Decided to download it and give it a try because it looked pretty, and didn't see anyone in the Mumble.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Pretty much. The game is extremely grindy. The gameplay is awesome, but everything takes a big investment of time. And the farther you go, the steeper the treadmill tilts, and that's really the only thing that ever changes.

My advice is try it out, play it till you get sick of it, then jump ship like everyone else did. :v:

It's great for awhile.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goddamn, I wanted to like this game.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
The problem is when the gameplay goes from grinding dungeons to grinding tree pulls ala 1990s style MMOs, that just killed the entire game. If they just kept increasing dungeon/raid difficulties forever (which would have even been less worse work, really) the game would have been much better.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, the problem for me at least was that they funneled down from several possible avenues of advancement down to two, and both of those avenues didn't really work with their LFG tool so you were required to go stand someplace and bark in general chat hoping someone decided you were worth grabbing.

Also the first 5 man dungeon was overtuned *way* too hard making it somewhat of a deterrent to first timers to ever do 5 mans again.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It's also nice that the catchup mechanic is so terrible

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah "Allowing" you to grind more isn't a catch up mechanic. The fact that there was a upper limit to how much you could play in a week was probably the only thing this game did right.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Is this game dead?

LostInTheSauce
Feb 14, 2013

Which way did I go?

SamEyeAm posted:

Is this game dead?

I just picked it up. But I'm pretty sure it's dead

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
When I was playing a couple of months ago, you couldn't even get groups together at anything below max level for anything. I suspect it's only gotten deader since.

It was okay for a couple of weeks.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Did they ever add group finders for the damned trees or is it still screaming in general chat for one of the primary means of progression?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kurieg posted:

Did they ever add group finders for the damned trees or is it still screaming in general chat for one of the primary means of progression?
There are group finders, they just don't work, I assume because not enough people are playing the game to get groups together.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well good, gently caress them forever for their "but the west makes more money so it's totally okay to charge three times as much for costumes" thing. Also I suppose a bunch of gameplay poo poo but that part really stood out as super lovely.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Thanatosian posted:

There are group finders, they just don't work, I assume because not enough people are playing the game to get groups together.

Well the 10 man group finders were always dead cause everyone just used general chat at the trees to get groups. It might be a "no one does it cause no one does it" reinforcing cycle.

Morglon posted:

Well good, gently caress them forever for their "but the west makes more money so it's totally okay to charge three times as much for costumes" thing. Also I suppose a bunch of gameplay poo poo but that part really stood out as super lovely.

Don't forget the races that you had to pay upwards of a hundred to a thousand dollars for a chance at winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I just got an email from these guys saying they added controller support which is cool. The combat was fun but yeah so much grind and bullshit. It was fun for a couple weeks at launch but that's about it. If you have fun with it great, but that probably won't last unless you want to bleed dollars in their direction and even then the grind is still very real.

• Locked thread