Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Morglon posted:

So new costumes are in and gently caress me they're expensive. Apparently multiple times of what they are in the Russian version because Russians are poor. Yes, that is the official stance. I mean it's not like I have to have them but I kind of do, pretty princess is important.

Just gonna confirm that, yes, those prices are up to 3 times the price they were on the Russian version, along with those costumes being available in the Russian version from pretty much day one (just like every other NEW OUTFIT and that Hot Summer Promo).

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Evil_Greven posted:

Just switch classes to Paladin. You can do that at any time (other than in combat).

I thought I had to unlock the other two classes. Why didn't any of you other jerks tell me this?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Comrayn posted:

I thought I had to unlock the other two classes. Why didn't any of you other jerks tell me this?

Welcome to the game, comrade :D

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Morglon posted:

So new costumes are in and gently caress me they're expensive. Apparently multiple times of what they are in the Russian version because Russians are poor. Yes, that is the official stance. I mean it's not like I have to have them but I kind of do, pretty princess is important.

good news: you don't have to spend anything on the new costumes because they all look like poo poo

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Anomalies are so poorly designed. It's like they were actively trying to make them as unenjoyable as possible.
"Oh hey you need purple sparks to progress, hope you have 5 hours to spare."

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Kurieg posted:

Anomalies are so poorly designed. It's like they were actively trying to make them as unenjoyable as possible.
"Oh hey you need purple sparks to progress, hope you have 5 hours to spare."

If you got tactical sense you need for higher level anomalies from anomalies themselves then I think I could handle it. Having to farm operations to get it is awful. Standing around doing nothing and trying to find groups is the worst part of mmo's
to me. I was surprised to suddenly have it show up in this game when you can queue for everything else prior.

It would be different if we ever had enough people to throw a 10-man group together but doesn't look like that's going to happen soon.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I did a bunch of dungeons that said they were rewarding tactical sense last week and got absolutely nothing. Is there a bug? is there something else I need to be doing?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Having one of the endgame activities be to stand around a tree while your tank desperately runs around looking for poo poo to pull is just :effort:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was the whole game in Final Fantasy 11.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Kurieg posted:

I did a bunch of dungeons that said they were rewarding tactical sense last week and got absolutely nothing. Is there a bug? is there something else I need to be doing?

Those were to increase your cap on tactical sense, not reward the item itself. Part of the catch-up system.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

So how do you get Tactical sense then? Only from the 10 man?

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Kurieg posted:

So how do you get Tactical sense then? Only from the 10 man?

Yeah, Operation Isabella.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

:psyduck:
Doing a 10 man to unlock harder versions of a 5 man is the most ludicrously backwards game design in a game full of ludicrously backwards game design.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Okay I just got into a group that did the scout version and the assault (regular) version.

Scout is a joke really, I can't imagine anyone failing that. Most of the bosses nearly fall apart on the first burst.

If you've done that then you pretty much know what to avoid in Assault, in which case you should have a fairly easy time. We only lost people in the fight against the final boss because people couldn't recognise he was about to flame AoE.

The earlier bosses seem to drop one or two tactical sense whilst the final boss dropped like, 12 and 25 depending on difficulty.

so I guess you have to farm assault 4 times a week to get enough tac sense to keep unlocking spark of revelation in anomalies. At least to start with.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
I agree, it's not a great experience, but I think it's gotten better as I've progressed. I'll often double/triple pull anomaly groups and finish a 10/10 (which is 6 quests) in about 30 mins or so, which is roughly equal to one OI clear. e: ...and I never have to worry about grinding out class sparks anymore, as they often run out before I cap out on insight.

When you hit 36K prestige, you pretty much only want to go to the capital to get your daily gifts. You'll want to hang out at the anomaly zone. There's groups for OI and [insert anomaly zone here] forming regularly.

One side benefit is that region/vicnity chat is better, most of the time.

Also, I kind of wish I knew about the tiering up sooner. The bonus increases going up each tier are great!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Kessel posted:

Having one of the endgame activities be to stand around a tree while your tank desperately runs around looking for poo poo to pull is just :effort:

Welcome to the plane of fear, now please go stand in that corner and try not to aggro anything, thanks.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Hey, emulating MMO design from 20 years ago is Wildstar's thing. That thread is over there.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i'm gonna try this game, what should i know considering that I already read up poo poo about the basics

also, what starting class is most fun? it seems to be paladin. and what other class is the most rad

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Farg posted:

i'm gonna try this game, what should i know considering that I already read up poo poo about the basics

also, what starting class is most fun? it seems to be paladin. and what other class is the most rad

Paladin has the best symbol, so you'll want to complete it at some point.
Lightbringer is useful, and provides a mix of offensive and defensive buffs to a group.
Cryomancer is less popular, play it if you like it.

You'll probably want to develop a dps class for solo/3-man gameplay. The Kinetic, Slayer, Archer, and Necromancer are all close to the starting area on the atlas. The Berserker and Witchalok classes are farther away, but both are great for damage.

Try some of the solo promo adventures. They'll let you try a premade version of a class, even if you don't have it. Its useful for figuring out what class enjoy playing.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Farg posted:

First off, no matter what class it is you started working on, once you start spending class sparks on it keep going until it's finished and you get the symbol, never work on two at once. Secondly paladin symbol is amazing, it's 4 seconds of invulnerability and it has a 90 second cool down, but in reality it fires off constantly because it resets after every engagement. I became able to solo much, much easier when I finally unlocked it and was using my kinetic. Basically you are become invincible in all the trash fights and even some boss fights.

Paladin is hard to play but can kick butt pretty hard and do more dps than a knight in pve. Lightbringer is not really used much but that is because the alchemist is so much better, LB is probably the best pvp class now that slayer was nerfed? Cryomancer is a newbie trap, it's super easy to use but has bad dps especially when a newbie is using one and is still one of the worst classes in the game.

Best classes in the game right now: Knight and Alchemist for PvE 5 mans, Kinetic and Berserker for soloing.

Washout fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 25, 2015

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ok some solid tips thanks, ill start tonight as a paladin

also, what's this games pvp like? is it good/do people give a poo poo? I know the combat is TERA style but how close to that

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Farg posted:

ok some solid tips thanks, ill start tonight as a paladin

also, what's this games pvp like? is it good/do people give a poo poo? I know the combat is TERA style but how close to that

It can be fun, especially as Knight and LB I've heard. Archer is also great. There are good pvp builds for most classes, and classes like the monk and slayer are pretty much pvp only.

That said pvp is super unbalanced, but you can get a lot of good rewards from it regardless.

Washout fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 26, 2015

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Cryomancers got, for some reason, a pretty big buff in this last patch.

I'm not sure whether or not the Supercooling talent applies to their allies or just them, but anything with the Intense Cooling debuff (which Cryomancer can poo poo out easily) takes an additional 15% damage. Anything with the stacked versions (there are two types: Icebound and Cryonic Suspension) of that takes an additional 30% damage.

It used to just be the stacked versions, which are slightly less easy to apply, and the bonus was 15%. Any of these only work on single bar mobs, though - things you can otherwise CC.

Archers and Gunners both have a similar thing, but it's very short duration for the Archer and decent duration but long cooldown for the Gunner. It's hard to test such things when there are fewer goons doing poo poo in Mumble.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 26, 2015

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
alright i've been in for a bit and the game seems fun. how do I get into the pantheon? my ign is Pasta Linguini

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Do we have an EU pantheon for this or is this a strictly MURICAN experience ?

If not i might start one, give me your lovely ideas for names :smugdog:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Good luck accomplishing even a fraction of the grind required to set up and operate a successful pantheon using only EU goons.

(seriously it's a terrible idea)

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Are there that few Eurogoons on this ? drat.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kessel posted:

Good luck accomplishing even a fraction of the grind required to set up and operate a successful pantheon using only EU goons.

(seriously it's a terrible idea)

Yeah the NA goons are not exactly accomplishing anything either.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I enjoy playing the game, but I'm sort of losing enthusiasm with how they're treating the US/EU player base with the Grand Prix event and costumes that are far pricier than in RU.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

They actually fixed the grand prix event, it used to be worse, it's not even an event just an new way to introduce new cash shop items.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah the game really needs a critical mass of players in the guild to function properly. The fact that everyone at god-level and above is basically ignoring the group finder doesn't help.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I think that all the god level people are in those huge guilds that only allow 36k+ and just using guildchat.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Washout posted:

They actually fixed the grand prix event, it used to be worse, it's not even an event just an new way to introduce new cash shop items.

They didn't fix anything about it, what are you talking about? An extra week is not fixing it.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Schubalts posted:

They didn't fix anything about it, what are you talking about? An extra week is not fixing it.

They drastically lowered the costs, I was able to get to the first tier reward for free, before they, well I won't say improved, but before they changed the numbers it was like $20 for the first tier reward... I had to cash in 300 holy texts to get there and had 2000 argents and 500k banked before the event started.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I have no idea how to tell if someone is on from the guild to invite me other than typing in people's names from the OP and that's tedious as hell to check every few minutes. Can someone try to invite Beer Guy next time they're on?

I have now been invited thanks

Comrayn fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 28, 2015

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Someone shoot Burning Chrome an invite when you get the chance.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

So is the guild really dead at this point? It's a ghost town in guild chat now.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I'm around when I'm in the mood, not really doing all that much though. That lovely event really soured me on the game.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
I'm taking a few days break (and I'll probably play a bit when I build my new PC tonight), but if I'm going to keep playing, I'd probably have to find a new guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

ttocs7 posted:

I'm taking a few days break (and I'll probably play a bit when I build my new PC tonight), but if I'm going to keep playing, I'd probably have to find a new guild.

I'm about to hit god form, but I still can't do anomalies so theres no reason for me to quit yet, but if people start joining other guilds lets try to find one that will take most of us.

• Locked thread