Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I think I would like to try this game.

However, on downloading it, the installer does not seem to work.
Okay, apparently it was blocked by something I am running - with no notice, it just did nothing. "This file came from another computer so it has been blocked" blah blah... Unblocking it in properties lets it run.

(Chinagame 3.0 installs but won't run... so I'm left with this.)

e: God Awful is pretty good. In hindsight, our AA guild should have been named Sunk Costs.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Well, hit a bit over 1000 prestige after a good 5-6hrs of play and got to look at the atlas.

Holy poo poo, it looks like it'll be awhile to reach another class. There are many hundreds of colored nodes between...

Granted, I don't really know what I'm doing in this game, but wow.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
I wonder if I'm playing this right as far as progress goes.

Should I try to rush over to a new class ASAP or unlock the cheapest nodes continually?

Also... Paladin is what I've mostly been playing, but I've had issues with one of the fights in Saiben Archipelago:
The first boss is fine, unless you run him into a tree where the converging exploding attack is invisible but hits you.
The second boss is where I tend to run into trouble - I end up getting in an animation lock right as that fucker shoots the tracking beam or more often, the little shits he summons kick my rear end. Those things hurt a lot, especially when you're trying to stay away from the tracking beam.
The last boss is just annoying.

e: maybe it's just me, but it looks like there are some connection issues right now.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 11, 2015

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Liberatore posted:

However, the optimal way is to max out one class at a time, while working towards others and taking symbols you want on the way. I could have gotten Archer next week and it wouldn't have made much of a difference; I only did it this week so I could have a higher chance of finding a bow before I actually started playing the class.

Liberatore pointed out something in Mumble that some beta folks knew (but not everyone did) regarding this. To clarify a bit:

When you fully unlock a class (not just the class, but every node in the class atlas), you permanently increase your Symbols slots by 12.

Symbols are the things that add the shield when you dash, found under I->Symbols tab.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 19, 2015

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Liberatore posted:

It's two slots, not one. Max 3 classes and you will be at 9 symbol slots. I'm guessing there is a cap, because 29 symbols would be crazy, but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Ooh, it's even better, then.

Although, it will take a lot of investment to get a large number of Symbols. There are I think 49 total, so you still wouldn't be able to use everything.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Shown here with a terrible outfit since someone was curious about the bonuses (I screwed up moving the tooltip around though).

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Khako posted:

https://twitter.com/GodsofSkyforge

Their new update is 8:30 pst.

I clicked on that link and now it says that it's back.

Immediately logged in, in queue 203...

e: Russiagame lives

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 18, 2015

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Alas, 41k is the last reliquary.

Quite disappointing.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

MrBims posted:

Is there a class that doesn't require Cookie-Clicker-constant-clicking to do damage besides Gunner? I don't know if I can keep up the mousework for the weeks it will take to get to Gunner.

Alchemist can also hold LClick for single-target or hold Rclick for AoE. Every 8 or 5 (respectively) attacks you'll want to detonate the stack by the other click, then go back.

These build resource, but it's also very easy to spend Alchemist's resource.

Unfortunately, it's just as far as Gunner.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 23, 2015

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Kessel posted:

With alchemist you just swap the mouse mashing for the mashing of the ooze key. It's not much better

Alternatively, Toxic Emission (and its talents) or Disintegrate. These (and oozes) are keyboard by default, though you could always rebind them to a mouse.

It's way better than what he's talking about - where you left-click constantly to do things.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 23, 2015

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Slayer is also terrible at groups because of the same thing.

In the Anomaly area it has some redeeming utility - good for pulling mobs and getting back, as well as the 1 hp cloak proc. If the latter happens when everyone else is wiped (which, due to your pathetic damage, it probably will) it resets aggro and you don't lose sparks in the tree thingy.

Slayer has been heavily diminished by the dash cancel change. Blood Harvest is good but the people you hear bitching about it are complaining about not doing well 1v1'ing a class built for 1v1.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Comrayn posted:

You're not helping bud

Just switch classes to Paladin. You can do that at any time (other than in combat).

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Cryomancers got, for some reason, a pretty big buff in this last patch.

I'm not sure whether or not the Supercooling talent applies to their allies or just them, but anything with the Intense Cooling debuff (which Cryomancer can poo poo out easily) takes an additional 15% damage. Anything with the stacked versions (there are two types: Icebound and Cryonic Suspension) of that takes an additional 30% damage.

It used to just be the stacked versions, which are slightly less easy to apply, and the bonus was 15%. Any of these only work on single bar mobs, though - things you can otherwise CC.

Archers and Gunners both have a similar thing, but it's very short duration for the Archer and decent duration but long cooldown for the Gunner. It's hard to test such things when there are fewer goons doing poo poo in Mumble.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 26, 2015

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Probably, given that they are tied to guilds.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Yeah... me either.

That's some poo poo luck.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Morglon posted:

Cosmetics are fine but the events have had events such as dual spec, more than dual spec, the ability to slot two chapels per region and 25% more gains from might and stamina. Now those events other than dual spec haven't happened for the not Russian release yet but they said they changed it in a way that people should be able to get at least that without spending real money. They made it twice as long which still made it very unlikely you'd get it without investing anything and on top of that more spec slots were flat out impossible, and because that's not enough the top tier reward was the best mount in the game. So no, it's not just cosmetics, it's straight up selling power.

Also the latest batch of costumes we got was up to five times more expensive than in the Russian version with the official explanation that westerners just make more money. That's just a straight up gently caress you and I won't put up with this poo poo.
Uh not quite.

The top tier reward was a hat, at 1000pp. The mount was at 750pp.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
True, but how much of a difference does that mount make? You can't mount in combat and you teleport around between maps.

The second set option is now for sale for Victor's Medals. Speaking of which...

quote:

For example, after reading all the feedback from the community regarding the Grand Prix promotion and discussing it with the dev team, beginning with the upcoming Law & Order promotion you will place higher more often so you’ll get more than 1 or 2 points per round. We’ll also have the Optimizer 1 and II (bonus Chapel items) replaced with a quantity of Victor’s Medals, and will be moving the Optimizer 1 and II into the Market for sale for Victor’s Medals right away, since there are ways to farm Victor’s Medals in-game as well as through the promotion. This gives players multiple, fair ways to get their hands on bonus chapels even after the promotion ends. These changes were made by the developers with the intent to make the promotion more open and engaging for you.
...there will be some changes.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Yeah, that happened to me. I hope they fix that.

The Optimizer I and II (double chapels) is out. By I and II it means you can use I on one province and II on another province.

So, at most, you can have two provinces with two chapels. You cannot have all provinces with two chapels. You have to be picky.

You could rush it and get them, or you could just wait and accumulate medals over time to get them. The police event apparently has provided the requisite medals to people already - cheaper than buying medals directly.

e: I had a bunch of argents so I dropped 5k argents (and credits for tickets). Through the rewards, I got some more tickets, and hit +25 three times. Hit 200 points pretty quick with that, but that might be pretty lucky rolls. Not going to accelerate to 900 for the other one, though.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
I've narrowed it down to two Accuracy provinces which are pretty ideal for tanking or DPS - #1 (which has two or three good options for both) and uh... gently caress I don't remember... #5 maybe...

• Locked thread