Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010

Double Monocle posted:

So im gonna try to get to necro ASAP because so far 80% of paladin combat is "you dont have enough secondary bar to do that cool ability, left click a bunch for a pittance of damage to build your jesus juice"

It's not great in the early going, but you do get an ability later that will allow you to spam all abilities for 0 MP (I forget what it's actually called) for about 30 seconds. There's a few more talents/abilities down the line that reduce MP costs and increase MP regeneration, so it sounds like it gets better.

Also, executions return 100MP or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010

Goodchild posted:

The mantide enemies (insects) have a couple mechanics I'm unclear on. They have an attack that forms a purple void ball over them, is that the reflect shield? They also have something that makes all of their allies just glow purple. I keep having damage just come out of nowhere from them, I'm clearly doing something wrong.

If you see the purple ball over them, just stop attacking. It will grow if you inflict damage, and then it explodes in an aoe. The aoe isn't huge, so you can get away from it before it goes off (as they won't move while it's up).

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Not always. Depending on how you spent your sparks/how leveled your temples are, 'Impossible' might grant you items that have a higher proficiency requirement.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Probably Hespilon Temple's first boss.

It's tough, but with some control and attentive DPS it's fine. I've honestly had a harder time (at first) with the carrion berserkers than that boss's adds, but I've since figured those out.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
It does it if there's a lot of people on screen, and if you're below a certain frame rate (seems to be about 20FPS).

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Should I start the votes to unplug triumph/plug in ether projector?

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Target the player using the relevant F key, walk to them, press and hold H.

It took a while for me to figure that out.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
It's welcomed, because invasion missions are great for getting followers. It's been super slow leveling my order since the invasion stopped!

(also, totally stocking up on supplies before then)

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
I logged in, got like 200k credits, 950 or so argents and a reliquary! The reliquary dream isn't dead!

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
It can. I've had really fast, double-pulling groups (with the requisite tactical sense) get 10/10 in 15-20 mins or so? That turns into about an hour for 18 quests (since the progression is 1->2->4->6->8->10).

Definitely agree on it not being the most exciting, though. Putting together a good group to blow through it pretty quickly is ideal, but alas.

The hostile territory is generally where I idle now, when I'm not picking up my daily gifts from the capital. That's where you'll find OI groups, and 30+K prestige 5 man groups form.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Some things about the invasion that people may or may not know:

In the 5 man, if you wipe to the boss, the boss and associated enemies will despawn. You won't get any eidoses, nor will you get the loot from the boss, but it has no impact on your rating. I had a pug group that wiped on the first two bosses, an still managed an S.

You can still run instances that are listed as 'no reward' due to your prestige being too high (in my case, Factory 501 and Saiban Archipelago). I didn't try it before I was spark capped, but I've been getting supplies/ammo/sparks of transformation, and the same amount of mechanoid tokens. Wyck (SF RU player that frequents reddit) says that Saiban is the fastest. Maybe in a group, but as a tank-spec knight the bosses are kind of slow. It'll probably pick up once I get a second spec and have a DPS spec.

e: pre-Spark of Insight cap, I've been running a lot of the mechanoid dungeons. The bonuses they grant (+17% I think?) are pretty good, and the extra objectives seem to be easier, in my opinion. Some of them are diablo-esque modifiers (e.g., one has random turrets spawning that you should disable, and another gives all non-swarm mobs the ability to drop healing machines, like the Scissor Menders, that you'd have to disable.) and require little extra time on your part.

ttocs7 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 21, 2015

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010

Joust posted:

Yeah go to the aelinet, click on the bar at the top and behold. I've gotten an extra 300 sparks so far and I think the top tier is 600 extra a day which seems pretty big.

I think it's better to just think of it the way you did.

From what I read of it (so far), it looks like you have a daily goal. Hit that goal, you'll get 5 unusual (green) Mechanoid trophy fragments. If your 'team' also hits its goal (not sure the threshold, but I see 84% with 9 hours to go), you'll get 15K mechanoid trophies. If you also get top 10 (or 15?) in the group, you'll get 150 mechanoid sparks.

Not sure if this progress farther depending, but I see the 3rd tier or something. I ran something like 4-5 dungeons, got 22K points, and I'm still 9th. I was 2nd when I went to bed 8 hours ago. I'll at least get the 15K mechanoid tokens.

Saiban seems pretty fast, depending on what objectives I have. I plan on using the mechanoid dungeons to hit my spark caps this week, since the extra objectives are overall pretty easy and I get a consistent bonus.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
I agree, it's not a great experience, but I think it's gotten better as I've progressed. I'll often double/triple pull anomaly groups and finish a 10/10 (which is 6 quests) in about 30 mins or so, which is roughly equal to one OI clear. e: ...and I never have to worry about grinding out class sparks anymore, as they often run out before I cap out on insight.

When you hit 36K prestige, you pretty much only want to go to the capital to get your daily gifts. You'll want to hang out at the anomaly zone. There's groups for OI and [insert anomaly zone here] forming regularly.

One side benefit is that region/vicnity chat is better, most of the time.

Also, I kind of wish I knew about the tiering up sooner. The bonus increases going up each tier are great!

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
I'm taking a few days break (and I'll probably play a bit when I build my new PC tonight), but if I'm going to keep playing, I'd probably have to find a new guild.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
I had a couple guilds along the way extend offers, but I'd have to see what their schedules/demands are like.

The first one was super serious, which might be hard given my schedule, and they had a 50K credits/week tax.

The second one I don't know much about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Really? strange..

You're probably dealing with a different group of people that get more irritable at that stuff, but there have been lots of deaths in those for me, especially in the early going - regardless of if it's Isabella or anomalies.

• Locked thread