Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Godswarm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A game where you get worshiped until you super saiyan out is tempting, but not if the combat's subpar. The footage from the earlier versions of the game had fairly crap animations where characters would be flailing around and monsters would barely flinch on occasion, then fall down dead. Did it ever get fixed to make combat animations react more to blows so you look like you're attacking something with more than pillows?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The kinetic was actually pretty fun in the training room when I finally unlocked the atlas. Hovering around and flinging boulders at things is a fair way to spend some time. The repetitiveness wasn't earning a whole lot of points with me, though; in the time it took to reach the full atlas I'd run each mission (each mission accessible to me, that is) at least twice, some through quest progression, others to grind for gems so I could see the atlas tonight before the test ended. Every time the maps seemed to be identical as well, which isn't great for replay value compared to games like PSO and Warframe that randomize the maps a bit.

Valatar fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 8, 2015

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The thing that really makes me sad about this is the fact that you can't mix job abilities ala Final Fantasy. If you could pick and choose powers to make your own hybrid, I'd probably be throwing insane money at this. Instead the only thing you get out of training multiple classes are the passive stat boosts, which is not thrilling.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Robo Pope

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
No. We aren't in beta, this is the founders-only head start. Open beta starts in a week, and everyone can play then.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also, it's hilarious how much the market instantly crashed. In Russia the texts are worth four Argents and the credit exchange is around 160. Right now texts are at sixteen Argents and the credit value is 70. Only idiots would try exchanging their Argents now. On the other hand, it's a prime time to get Argents with your credits and just sit on them for a couple weeks while the value goes up.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Kamehameha seems to do increasing damage per tick, so to get anything useful out of it you need to be able to fire it for its full duration. If you run out of juice or something else happens to break the beam early, it does poo poo damage. That plus the fact that you're essentially rooted for five seconds just to fire it, and it's finicky, and it takes a shitload of your light juice to cast, has made me somewhat meh about it. All of the other Lightbinder powers don't hamper your mobility to any real degree and are pretty useful as well on the side. The only real upside is that enemies really don't seem to mind standing neatly lined up, so if you can blast the beam down three or four dudes, the damage gets pretty significant.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The game's a bitch about expanding guilds and there's a ton of people waiting to get in. At the rate the cost is growing we'll be quickly reaching the point where it'll be a solid week to get any more players in if people aren't all throwing resources into it. Every guild member gets one construction quest every eight hours that can contribute 10 points to a build project. The current build project requires 830 points. Even considering that premium players get a 50% bonus, that's 56 successful build missions to complete. More if you fail, because failed missions only produce half results. So that's a bare minimum of nineteen players doing and succeeding at the build mission, three times a day, for one guild expansion.

It's loving crazy. I don't blame Drinkfist for going a little insane with trying to make it work.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A lot of people have yet to discover that basic upgrades don't count for poo poo in Skyforge. If you go around upgrading your stats, your prestige rises and you wind up fighting harder things, so it takes an identical amount of time to kill anything. That's the way it works in MMOs in general, but there's no curtain over the harsh truth in Skyforge because you're running literally the exact same stages with the exact same monsters, just buffed up. What does get you ahead of the curve is unlocking abilities and talents. Double your HP and things just hit you twice as hard, you never move up on the treadmill. Unlock some amulets and talents that get you a 50% damage bonus and suddenly you're killing stuff fast.

TL;DR: Don't activate an orb unless it's on the way to a class, talent, or ability that you want. Real progression in Skyforge comes from those three things.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, making more pantheons just multiplies the work involved for no real profit. The amount of poo poo we've had to plow through to increase the guild size is only a relatively small portion of the total guild upgrades that need building, so if we made multiple guilds we'd have to crank out multiple store upgrades, buff upgrades, etc. for every one. Assuming I'm reading the pantheon construction screen correctly, a maxed guild supports 15^2, so 225 members. That should be ample for our needs, we just need to keep plugging.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Schubalts posted:

Your weapon will change appearance as you reach higher prestige/upgrades, I don't know which exactly effects it. In the Russian version, I had seen 2 Paladin swords, 3 Cryo crystal holders, and 2 Lightbinder wands.

Pretty sure I've seen three or four different Lightbinder wands, not counting the special founder's version. Rest assured that custom weapon skins will probably be in the cash shop some day, though.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So does anyone have a clue whether there's a way to get the armor everyone starts the game in? I really dig the crested helmet your character's wearing through the prologue. Can't find any hint of it in the clothes shop, though.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Um. Holy poo poo. That's a little badass.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

DPS Meters
Only play with goons.

quote:

Brazilians
Always turn off local chat.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

WarLocke posted:

I haven't found a way to turn off the chat box, am I blind?

Hit the I key to bring up the chat tabs. Right-click on the tab you dislike, select close.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Unguided posted:

I've heard it's a reward for running Distortions, which are unlocked once we build the related upgrade in the Pantheon.

Yeah, my understanding is that they're essentially guild raids.

Amusing side note, I saw a pubbie guild forum's plans for dominating the pantheon scene, it involves mandatory weekly credit taxation of the members. We're in trouble goons, these guys are clearly pros.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Xae posted:

Is Mare Sacro Monastery poorly tuned or are people just really terrible at this game?

MSM betrays a lot of what the game has set you up to expect, and winds up wiping the poo poo out of most new players who run in without knowing the various gotchas that the game designers lovingly inserted. After one or two runs through, it's no longer awful, just extremely unforgiving.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The pubbie shitlords wanted 50,000 credits per member per week to fund their stuff. Consider my year of pantheon dues paid. Now there'd better be something halfway worthwhile to spend all these myrrh points on.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Xavier434 posted:

My prestige is still under 2k so maybe that has a lot to do with it. The cap is supposed to gradually increase every week post character creation right? At my pace, it might be high enough to the point where I won't notice after I hit 5k but I have no idea.

Yes, every week the new cap is added on top of your previous amount. So if you don't cap out by 1000 sparks on one week, your cap will be 1000 points higher the next week, etc. If you don't poopsock enough to run up against your cap regularly, it will never become an issue for you.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RottenK posted:

the HQ is not being built

the vote for the power plant expansion didn't even end yet

what the hell is wrong with you lazy fucks is it that difficult to go to the pantheon panel and click a NO button

Most of the US is still at work or just leaving work. Not everyone can log in from work. If they hurried up and finished the web portal for order and pantheon stuff it'll become much easier for people to do stuff in the work day.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
As long as you aren't tank or support, you won't really hurt the team if they carry you through MSM, don't feel bad about doing it.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, people should be off work by now, so there's no more excuse for not pushing the button. Paging RottenK, we need you back in the thread to call them lazy fucks.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I doubt it, you can vote to kick people from your instance.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
All starting classes begin at the same place on the ascension atlas. No class gets you closer to anywhere else on the atlas, so just play whichever one you like best while working along the grid to the class you want.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Most of the secondary costumes look really underwhelming to me. Berserker is amazingly badass, gunner's cool and that's... kinda it. At least for men. The witch outfit with the big hat is pretty awesome for women.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There is content gated behind god form and pantheon buildings, so yes, there are things to do in the game that we haven't gotten to see thus far.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kessel posted:

Servers down for 30-45 minutes as they attempt to unfuck PvP queues.

For those not in the know, the queues were bugged and launching matches... as 1v1s.

The fact that the PvP queues were launching sent immediate waves of alarm through their headquarters. "So help me god*" said the VP of quality control, "if even one player gets a tablet or ring from this, SOMEONE'S FIRED."

*translated from Russian.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He's not wrong about might being a pretty poo poo stat. However when he talks about not leveling your order, what he should be saying is to not level your temples, which is the part of the order system that increases your might and health. You should always be leveling your order and getting as many slaves faithful followers as possible. And if you're playing as a tank, you are going to want health boosts, though might is still poo poo compared to other damage stats.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, the servers are more hosed than usual right now. The chat channels are all gone from my client, I keep getting new clan vote popups on screen, and maps are taking minutes to load.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
'Fraid those come from distortions, i.e. raids.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Building's complete!

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I got on eventually, just kept restarting the client when it crashed while reading a book until I finally got through. So I started on paladin after capping kinetic, and want to ask more experienced ones, should I be F-locking onto my targets regularly? I notice when swinging around the sword if it happens to hit a different enemy it seems to reset the chain and gently caress up my count for building combos.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Huh, I must be moving around then. It's not something I was really paying attention to, since kinetics can move freely while charging their basic attacks. I'm used to shifting around consistently in a fight, guess I'm gonna need to break that habit for paladining. Thanks for the answers!

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Snagged one, thanks.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

walruscat posted:

If you have a 500 series nvidia card don't upgrade to Windows 10!

How so? My workstation with its crap old 460 is doing fine. Is there something specific to the 500 line?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lawlicaust posted:

Who the gently caress would hate themselves enough to volunteer to be part of Drinkfist's tyrannical poo poo show?

:smith:

Actually I volunteered because I can usually log in from work and am reachable through PMs whenever I'm awake. Since literally the only important thing for commanders is being available to log in to vote so pantheon poo poo doesn't stall for days at the voting stage.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
According to RU data, to buy the max stat boost from the pantheon requires 200 myrrh, which is 1.5 million credits if you're premium, 2 million if you aren't. So that's how much everyone should donate.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't get not wanting to level adepts. It takes essentially zero time or effort, they're a completely separate thing from atlas leveling, and just in the process of getting tablets and rings I've come across enough adept-upgrade materials to keep them in good shape there. Technically I suppose they could be considered a grind of some kind, but logging in for a couple minutes every few hours to scoop up rewards and send them off on more missions is the opposite of effort.

[Edit: I still hope that the 11th update fixes things so I can just handle the adepts through a web browser, though. I'm lazy enough to want even less effort in my low-effort.]

Valatar fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A good cryo on the team has come in pretty handy for me in a few places. When played with half a brain, they can hamper the monsters a fair bit and make fights easier on the tank and support. Not gonna say they're MVPs, but they aren't as poo poo as Drinkfist makes them out to be.

• Locked thread