Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I try to do MSM/DF when they have triple sparks or the tablet/ring/whatever bonus. Other times I try to avoid it like the plague. I feel like I'll be unable to complete them if I'm not the person going Lightbinder into it, I'm just lucky that each time the Paladin could hold threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
The most interesting thing I've seen a slayer do is use their stealth voodoo to get past the last pull or two in the blade-tailed part of MSM allowing us to skip to the last boss because the tank wouldn't stop running into the nearly blind patrols.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
All I really got out of that video was that Russians like Monstercat.

Joust posted:

Yup, it's boring as hell. all that time is basically treading water for burn phases.

That pretty much sums up the Sledgehammer Kinetic for me.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
That's quite the glowing recommendation... I thought we were mostly complaining about the unusual spark progression system.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I haven't really played TERA myself, but I'm liking the combination of action RPG and being able to switch classes around without having to create multiple characters.

I'm kind of eyeing trying out Blade & Soul, though. Whenever that happens.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Joust posted:

When you log on do a couple of the adventures that involve mechanoids so you can unlock your mechanoid atlas. It's all pretty straightforard, there's some permanent increases to damage and defense against mechanoids as well as some generic talents to compete against your class talents. I wonder if we'll get our last 2 talent slots soon?

From what I've read, even the Russians don't have those last 2 slots.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

RottenK posted:

so how long until the poorly disguised lockbox event ends

wondering if it's possible to get the second spec unlocked without spending cash shop currency

It ends on the 30th. They claim that even a F2P player will be able to acquire dual-spec, I'm not so sure. Having a lockbox with known rewards and paying for random progression at opening it seems just as lovely as buying keys for lockboxes and hoping you open what you want.

This is the first time I'm considering Warframe's events to be well put together.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Comrayn posted:

I picked light bringer and immediately wished I picked paladin but I'm sure if I picked paladin I would be regretting it anyway.

Why does everyone in this game have a vaguely Latin sounding name come on nerds get some better names.

Completing the Paladin class gets you the best symbol.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I'd like playing Lightbringer and Alchemist more if I wasn't doing more damage per fight than the people I'm injecting, doping, blessing and flooding.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Kurieg posted:

Punchyfists is one of the last things Kinetic gets

The Kinetic had Sledgehammer and Tramping, so there's that...

Its sort of easy to tell when to dope a Kinetic or Berserker, just look for punchyfists or red rage. Whats a good time to dump the buffs on other classes? I'm guessing stealth for Slayers.

Morglon posted:

So new costumes are in and gently caress me they're expensive. Apparently multiple times of what they are in the Russian version because Russians are poor. Yes, that is the official stance. I mean it's not like I have to have them but I kind of do, pretty princess is important.

Who has money for costumes after the Grand Prix facebook style event?

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Farg posted:

i'm gonna try this game, what should i know considering that I already read up poo poo about the basics

also, what starting class is most fun? it seems to be paladin. and what other class is the most rad

Paladin has the best symbol, so you'll want to complete it at some point.
Lightbringer is useful, and provides a mix of offensive and defensive buffs to a group.
Cryomancer is less popular, play it if you like it.

You'll probably want to develop a dps class for solo/3-man gameplay. The Kinetic, Slayer, Archer, and Necromancer are all close to the starting area on the atlas. The Berserker and Witchalok classes are farther away, but both are great for damage.

Try some of the solo promo adventures. They'll let you try a premade version of a class, even if you don't have it. Its useful for figuring out what class enjoy playing.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I enjoy playing the game, but I'm sort of losing enthusiasm with how they're treating the US/EU player base with the Grand Prix event and costumes that are far pricier than in RU.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
For me, it was the knowledge that all future events will be gambling lockboxes and that they will contain very real gameplay boosts.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Lunimeow posted:

Man I just saw this game for the first time yesterday and I'm really surprised I haven't seen it sooner... It hits me right it so many ways. It's a shame to see that the goon guild is apparently dead?

Here is what end-game event gameplay looks like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRNUQNE5Xrc

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I love the gameplay too, but the events look like they have non-cosmetic items. The Grand Prix event we already had featured multiple specialization unlocks, and the next event will have multiple chapels, which provide more stat buffs than would be possible without it.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Are the events still going to be a giant money sink to gamble for progress along a bar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Those events were what made me give up on the game entirely. Not sure what their strategy is, here.

• Locked thread