Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Eonwe posted:

what clothes can you buy for twenty tho

A pair of jeans at walmart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

The CBT4 client is the same/will update to OBT right? No need to reinstall, just hop in for the stress test?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Stormgale posted:

I meant regarding gear, the OP mentioned amulets that buff specific skills how hard is it keeping 2-3 classes competitively geared so to speak? + obviously unlocking the not sphere grid

You don't have to keep a bunch of gear for different classes to swap around. The 'armor' gear (there's no real 'armor' but stuff like rings and amulets kind of fills the same role) are class-agnostic from what I could tell and the actual class-specific stuff (weapons, shields, ice crystal drone thing, etc) can all be equipped at the same time.

Like I may not be explaining it very well but if you're in Class X and go to the equip screen it will show your sword or whatever you have equipped, then if you swap to Class Y and go to the same screen it will show your equipped cleric rod thing. There's 'space' for all of that poo poo, you don't need to carry it around in your main inventory to swap around.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Lux Aeterna posted:

So where did it settle out on being able to vomit money at the game for additional progress? It just sped it up via order things right?

I think you can get around some caps (buy argents, convert to credits gets around that cap I think) but AFAIK there's no way to get around the spark cap

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

He said spergs, not pedophiles

Why can't they be both?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

- Never shut the gently caress up on Mumble.
- Attempt to educate everyone in chat/mumble
- Always angry

This is the CTS Triumvirate right here.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

:siren:AS WITH ALL MMOS DISREGARDING PILES OF LOSERS THE RULES FOR GOON GUILD NAMES ARE NAMES THAT HAVE THE THREE WORDS IN THEM. THOSE WORDS ARE "GOON" "SOMETHING" AND "AWFUL":siren:

I'm having trouble parsing this, are you saying it must have those words or must not have them?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

Your on my list.

Cyber-Mormon Industries, LLC

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I know, right?

Dragon-Knight Godkings

Not My Gods

Allahu Lowtax

Allah Was Right (if you want to be really incendiary)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Please Be Something

Please Worship Me

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Thats no God

(like Thats No Goon get it!!!!)

Internet Space Gods (alternate: Immortal Space Gods)

I really like this one I feel like we should use it

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 5, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

At this rate its gonna be loving "Goon Squad" and if yall stop pullin my dick I might just add a "The" in front of it.

God Squad

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

God Awful is going to be hard to beat

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I can't wait to play Cryomancer, the most bestest worse class ever, pew pew freeze ray

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

The both of you can get hosed.

You know you (and everyone else) is gonna have to play Cryo eventually, if only for the sweet, sweet passive stat nodes. Might as well get it done early. :unsmigghh:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Obscurity posted:

Do I -have- to level Cryomancer?

You don't have to, but from what I could tell during closed beta the stat nodes in the class atlas gave you (roughly) the same amount of stats as the global atlas stat nodes for something like a fifth of the cost.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Obscurity posted:

Is this skill pathing system better or worse than path of exile in terms of creative ability and annoying requirements?

It's not as crazy as PoE's (as in number of nodes) but you also don't have to worry about traps and respecs (everything is either a stat bump or some type of active ability).

Whether that's 'better' or not is up to you I guess.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Bashez posted:

I'm kind of scared going in to this because I don't know nearly enough about the later progression things. I didn't get to mess around with the chapel stuff at all in the beta.

My only worry is with the chapel/order stuff.

There's no way to paint yourself into a corner with gear or atlas stuff, hopefully changing around your order poo poo is easy so you can experiment with it too.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Remb posted:

If you start as anything except the base classes (cryo, lightbinder, paladin) and want to unlock another class, prepare to grind an extra 12+ hours for no reason because they decided that nodes around the advanced classes be exorbitantly expensive.
I heard the ascension atlas gets a revamp in OBT, so maybe they fixed this.

I remember people saying that even if you bought a pack that lets you start with more classes, if you unlock the global atlas on, say, a Knight, you still have to actually start traveling from the nodes coming off the Paladin/Lightbinder/Cryomancer junction - you may get early access to other classes but you still can't progress the global atlas from them.

That's second-hand though, I never got that far (and didn't have the etra classes anyway) so it could have been changed (or wrong to begin with I guess).

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

lewtt posted:

If you zerg your prestige up you will have nobody to play with, because you can only do dungeons/pvp with people who are within 1000 prestige of you.

Also, what's the point of poopsocking it up just so you can hit your cap ASAP? Suddenly you have no more progression until the end of the week. Since the cap rolls over I don't see why you wouldn't go in all casual (other than the initial guild rush thing).

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Obscurity posted:

I need name ideas to register when I get home from work.

Be aware that names in this game have to be Firstname Lastname.

Although I think there's a way to change it later (I vaguely remember a popup saying there was a vendor for this, first change was free and additional ones were 2500 argents?)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I've got RL poo poo being lovely timing wise (scrabbling for rent, whoo) so I won't be buying a founder's pack and probably won't be able to poopsock much when the real OBT drop. Godspeed yon spergs, I'll get in at the second tier of goons in the guild or something.

(Right? If the top mans can only have 12 deputies or whatever, those 12 can have probably 12 each, right? So 144 goons in the third tier of the pyramid?)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I haven't played super deeply into the game but I found that for a lot of the early missions (at least) as a Paladin you could just run through, tag the trash once or twice to get them to follow you, then when you have a big clump gathered you go to town with AOE.

Paladins are pretty drat tough, at least that early in the game, I never died doing this.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

It's... not, though?

Unless you're using 'themepark' in a way other than it's used for most MMOs.

This is not much like WoW or EQ, it's more akin to Vindictus or Phantasy Star Online in structure.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Manifest Dynasty posted:

Wait. Those upgrades don't apply to the item, do they? I thought they applied to the slot. Have I misunderstood how those upgrades work?

They do apply to the slot itself, unless I'm way off base.

The cost to upgrade gets really expensive though after a few ranks.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Bashez posted:

Why? I thought sparks were good or something.

I'm so confused about this game.

Spark Replicators are the things that give you bonus sparks.

You'll eventually hit your spark cap for the week anyway, just faster if you're using replicators (because you're getting 150% spark income).

However, converting Argents to Space Cash doesn't count against your weekly credit cap (unles it was changed very recently) - so instead of using replicators, you sell them for Argents, then convert those to money. You get to your spark cap slightly slower, but can somewhat get around the money cap this way.

If you are a Space Whale you can also buy Argents for real monies and convert them to credits to totally blow past that cap.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Xae posted:

So the entire Atlas of Ascension basically doesn't apply to tanks and supports, other than as a talent tree?

Why would they have 5+ unlockable classes for DPS but 0 for tanks and supports?

I can't tell what you're even asking.

Everything in the global atlas (and every non-ability node in the class atlases) apply to your character no matter what class you're currently playing.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

When I tried Alchemist the werewolf hulk-out thing controlled really weirdly (in that if you held down LMB it would do one attack and stop, you had to not only click each time but time it around what felt like a global cooldown), is it still like that?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Fuckers putting them in an image file so I can't copy/paste :argh:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Phoix posted:

More over here. I grabbed a random one just now and it worked so at least a few are still valid.

Holy poo poo, thanks, fone of those worked for me.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Dosvidanya posted:

I'm never going to get okki tablets if they're tied to pvp :negative:

(because the queue doesn't pop)

I thought they also showed up as PvE missions rewards, but on a 2-day timer or something?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Arcade posted:

Figured the queue was so long for the ffa queue due to how lame it was, but was holding out hope that the team pvp would be quicker. Oh well.

I'm not sure that queue times right now should be taken as 'normal'. The only people playing are those who shelled out money (or get free codes), presumably/hopefully there'll be a big rush on the 16th and then you'll have a lot more opportunity to be paired with people.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Xavier434 posted:

No. I didn't think codes worked anymore? Are any left?

If you go a page or two back there were some sites giving away $20 pack codes for free.

Some of them might not have been used yet, maybe?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Doctor Schnabel posted:

just wait till the 16th and you're p. much guaranteed to get that open beta invite; everyone playing right now will get two invites to hand out

I was under the impression the 16th was a total open beta. Like, just install and go, no invite needed. Basically a 'soft launch'.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I went all :gay: and used a 'real' name for my dude. I'm Jhaele Flamehair in-game, but only 900ish prestige, won't be 2000+ for a while since I'm out of socks.

I'll get in the guild whenever, I guess.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Doctor Schnabel posted:

so whats up with those little stat bonuses that i unlock while moving through the atlas? do they stick around when i switch classes, or are they class-specific?

They apply to your character at all times, think of them as 'global' stat bonuses.

If you're not in a hurry to unlock new classes it might be worth filling out the first half of all the starter class atlases, because those nodes give about the same stat bonuses as global atlas nodes, but at a fifth of the spark price.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

This whole guild democracy thing sounds like the best type of trainwreck :magical:

Drinkfist posted:

Also if you don't hit your spark cap the remaining balance will roll over to the next week

Also this is the thing that makes this game great and not a lovely force-you-to poopsock game. The caps seem super generous to me (though I'm not a total sperg), I still have ~6,800 spark drops and 440k credits or something like that in this week's cap (allowance?) and I seriously doubt I'll hit that in the next 3 days before it rolls over on Wednesday.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 12, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Obscurity posted:

Protip for those that don't know:

You get a free 60% permanent mount (Hornscute) and 50,000 credits for your first time buying any argents. The lowest price is $2.99 worth of argents from the shop which gets you 2500. So for 3$ you get a permanent license for your rhino, 50k credits, and 2500 argents. Not a bad deal! :)

Is this a limited-time thing?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Welp I was going to be one of the unwashed freeblets but I might buy some argents now. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I was kind of worried about customization/dress-up when I found out costumes were whole-body, but okay that's a lot of options, assuming they're all in-game. :catstare:

Strangely, when you do the holo-class-training thing it says you unlock both class outfits as well as the hats for those outfits - I got the outfits, but only one hat (the archer one), I don't know what's up with that.

• Locked thread