Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

im getting back into shmups again. what are you playing, highscores, what are you planning to try and 1cc?

list of good shmup:

gunbird
gunbird 2
dragon blaze
samurai aces
armed police batrider
strikers 1945
strikers 1945 2
esp rade
espgaluda
espgaluda 2

Stravinsky fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

im working on 1cc esp ra.de and its kicking my rear end

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

frank.club posted:

I like playing Beat Hazard but I wish the things you shoot lined up with the music more cohesively

garbage, im glad the fad to have your own music effect games died away. if your gonna play a twin stick shooter at least play geometry wars, it has all the neon colors and particle effects to keep your monkey brain entertained

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

theose are good. well, i've never played aerowings i dont think

i probably shouldnt of put aerowings on there because ist more of a arcade flight sim thing

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Overbite posted:

Horizontal shmups are the better kind. Darius, Battle Mania, Sexy Parodius, Lords of Thunder

yeah all the time im playing great gam esp rade i have been like, this freedom of movement is bullshit what i really want is a bunch of environmental obstacles to be forced into certain paths like it was some sort of treasure game

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

the helicopter boss in the park of esp rade is really hard and since i refuse to play as the little girl because of the annoying sound samples whenever you power up sound so grating its stopping my progress

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

if you want to talk about toho go to badgame or jp and talk about how you want to lick their feet there

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Agag posted:

Who are you using?

jb 5 aka the one with the wide shot. im taking a break and playing samurai aces today.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

i have never reached the final boss in ddp, assuming you mean the real final boss (second loop)

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Agag posted:

A lot of the top scores on shmups forum are set with JB5th, but I think the top one right now is Yasuke. Anyway I use JB5th too. Wide shot takes out the popcorn to you can worry about dodging/setting up your splatter shot.

im not playing for score because of the out of control boss milking that is super boring

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

most of the good shmup ports on home systems are for dreamcast and 360,

its insane how many are out on the 360 especially since no one in jap bought one

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

if you want ps2 shmup probably just go for the ones that were made only for ps2 like
rtype final and uhhhhh probably other stuff i dont care about so i cant remember. i dont remember if the dragon blaze port was good but if it was it is worth getting

Stravinsky fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 9, 2015

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

update: i can now reliably beat the helicopter

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

esp rade still :o:

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Is it fascism yet posted:

it took me about 1 month of playing the game everyday for hours. shmups are hard

now that im unemployed im not going to do anything but sit on my rear end and play video games and read retarded slavic books so im going to beat esp rade and get a good score in samurai aces

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Captain gently caress Face posted:

wot are some good shoot them ups on steam.

RefleX
Kamui
crimson clover

but really just download mame and get a ton of games instead

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

i would rebuy ketsui in a heartbeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

*in french voice* 1 sissy