Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I wish I had NSX money, cause I'd buy one and not even think twice about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

I'm starting to car shop now and it's between these two... I cannot believe how close in price they are these days. :suicide:

Protip, don't buy the BRZ :)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Why? :v: (Other than the lack of power)

S2000 is better at everything other than having a back seat

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

It's also basically the same price for something not silver, an AP2, and lower mileage. Hard to justify dropping that in cash versus spreading the money out over $300/mo.

You can still get a loan on an AP2

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I got a really low rate on my 10 year old AP1, but YMMV and poo poo for that stuff

I don't find it to be THAT small either, I'm 6' tall and I don't even have my seat all the way back

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Sadi posted:

Motor trend put Randy Pobst in the frs and ND at willow springs and the ND was faster by about 1.4 seconds. I would think the BRZ is faster than a s2k on the track but I've never driven either on the track so #benchracing.

Also I doubt they controlled for tire and I would bet the Miata has better rubber than the BRZ.

Why would you think that

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Probably because in the video he is referencing they mention that the Miata has gripper tires. Kinda funny that he only mentions it once and its deep in the video.
16:35 in this video. BRZ vs Miata Club Sport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLtw2z_mZ6w

I meant the BRZ being faster than the S2K

Both the (new) miata and the S2k are faster

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Wrar posted:

The S2K has another 40HP dude :stare:

They also weigh the same, and the BRZ can end up a little heavier

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Well, that depends on your aspect ratio for the S2000. I know the 06 I used to have came with a 245/40 and a 255/40 would also fit. On the other hand, I think the AP1 came with 225/45s.

Stock AP1 wheels are 16x6.5 in the front and 16x7.5 in the back, 205 and 225

AP2 is the good stuff, 17x7 and 17x8.5

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Phone posted:

I didn't feel any positive engagement when putting it in gear, just an extra two seconds of questioning if it went into the right gate.

If you've ever typed on Cherry MX Blues or an old IBM Model M keyboard, you'll know the satisfying clunk at the press of engagement.

:stare: are we using the same transmission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Muffinpox posted:

A yellow STR prepped AP2 waits for me. I look at the BRZ and say "I will remember you" as I head back to take a run in the only model of car I've ever truly regretting letting go of.

Why did you leave her

• Locked thread