Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
You just made me want to drive a Miata for the first time in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Every time I read about S2000's I start looking at local classified ads. I drive so few miles in a year that doing something monumentally stupid like buying one with a rebuilt title (assuming it was superficial damage with records) even looks appealing because they are such a drat good value right now. That interior, that redline, that transmission! I appreciate your writing, would read again.

I have a friend that got a rebuilt one for $5k. A+ deal, would buy myself. (I was going to but he swooped it out from under me)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Muffinpox posted:

2013 Subaru BRZ

Muffinpox posted:

2002 Honda S2000
I'm starting to car shop now and it's between these two... I cannot believe how close in price they are these days. :suicide:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Nodoze posted:

Protip, don't buy the BRZ :)

Why? :v: (Other than the lack of power)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Nodoze posted:

S2000 is better at everything other than having a back seat

It's also basically the same price for something not silver, an AP2, and lower mileage. Hard to justify dropping that in cash versus spreading the money out over $300/mo.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 10, 2015

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Nodoze posted:

Why would you think that

Probably because in the video he is referencing they mention that the Miata has gripper tires. Kinda funny that he only mentions it once and its deep in the video.
16:35 in this video. BRZ vs Miata Club Sport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLtw2z_mZ6w

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

kimbo305 posted:

It's weird that the BRZ/FRS gets accused of having skinny tires, when the S2000 is only 10mm wider in the rear.

Well, that depends on your aspect ratio for the S2000. I know the 06 I used to have came with a 245/40 and a 255/40 would also fit. On the other hand, I think the AP1 came with 225/45s.

• Locked thread