Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Muffinpox posted:

It is going out with a younger sibling only to find she has an older sibling that is better in every way, and is available. One that also keeps flirting with you and saying it could be.

This has happened to me, and it is devastating. You're constantly seeing the one in the other's shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

If I got an AW11 or NSX, I would pretend it was an A-wing 100% of the time.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Muffinpox posted:

"There we go, that's how you do it" I tell myself. The car is going to try and push so you have to use weight transfer to rotate the car any way you can.

The front struts were loaded.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

I'm starting to car shop now and it's between these two... I cannot believe how close in price they are these days. :suicide:

An AP1 S2000 should be significantly cheaper than a newish BRZ. If you're gonna get an S2000, don't get an AP2 and miss out on the last 800RPMs worth of rev.

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's a tiny, tiny car inside, even for a two-seater.

Yeah, in some dimensions, an NA feels bigger.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Depending on who ran the 1/4 mile test, the S2000 is anywhere from high 13s to low 14s. The the faster times were probably done with launches that didn't baby the diff.
I would be very surprised if the ND could keep up with an S2000 on the track, despite the 500lb weight difference.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

It's weird that the BRZ/FRS gets accused of having skinny tires, when the S2000 is only 10mm wider in the rear.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Phone posted:

(I don't like the shifter though, too vague... Not truck like in the Miata 5 speed)

It's not my favorite shift feel, but it is drat close to the most precise.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

DV's blue would go so much better with the painter's tape. In hindsight, the Z06 was, through and through, a driver's car first. Outside of atrocious rear bump steer, the car was dynamically :perfect:. The motor was a goddamn marvel of sound and power delivery, even if the revs hung a bit driving around town.

The Viper is not a driver's car. It is not a sports car. Its most important trick is molding the promise of violent acceleration into car form, presenting a stick of dynamite for you to light. The Viper draws you in. Your thrill-seeking is like a seal's instinct to swim right on the tail of a Great White.
If American muscle cars are theater, then the Viper is a brutal sideshow tribute to the artform.

I have to get up in 4 hours for a big conference, but I'm still sitting on the fence about grabbing the key and driving.

e: drove it :getin: Still surprising how fast it is.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Aug 12, 2015

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yes it's juvenile but it's just so unabashedly gear head.

Like Muffinpox revving on and off outside my garage door (which is in a concrete tunnel) to let me know he's there.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I will emerge and roam the wastes in real time once FO4 comes out. I will trade anything for gasoline.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Someone autocrossed their Vantage, hunh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Does that help? It seems like it'd destroy your sensitivity to rotation and grip.

• Locked thread