Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Every time I read about S2000's I start looking at local classified ads. I drive so few miles in a year that doing something monumentally stupid like buying one with a rebuilt title (assuming it was superficial damage with records) even looks appealing because they are such a drat good value right now. That interior, that redline, that transmission! I appreciate your writing, would read again.

Have you driven one? They're seriously fantastic cars and I was reading that 'review' just nodding my head. I feel that autocrossing an S is almost blasphemy as the car screams to be wrung out on twisty roads with you smashing up and down that gloriously slick gearbox and mashing your foot to the floor while the engine just revs up and up.

They're available over here for like $7500~ which considering how much fun they are is just ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah I'm 6'1" and drive a friend's one. He has a Bride seat in it which feels really loving low and I felt like where the seat was, the pedals were still a bit of a stretch to reach. I guess if you're unreasonably huge in terms of height or girth you'd struggle.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sadi posted:

It's also sounding like the ND is faster than the BRZ, so probably faster than the s2k as well.

I'd honestly be surprised if it was, the S is a pretty quick car and puts out a fair whack of power out to the wheels.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Phone posted:

(I don't like the shifter though, too vague... Not truck like in the Miata 5 speed)

...S2000 gearshift is stupidly precise, it's honestly one of the finest shifts in a car. Vague isn't a word I'd use to describe it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Locator posted:

Thanks for this thread, it's awesome!

So yea. I drove this a while back (it has more and better aero since this photo):

Unnnng.... un-tuck shirt to cover front of pants. It's really indescribable. I used to run a shifter kart, and this is kind of like that, but bigger, and even stickier through the corners because of the aero.

Well that certainly looks fun.

• Locked thread