Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Muffinpox posted:

Brunton Super stal... what's that.... OH GOD SNAKEBITE

The Viper sits parked outside my apartment on the street. I return to find a pack of guys staring at the car, taking photos of it, taking selfies with it. They gawk at it. They look at it like a piece of meat. They don't know what it is. One of them figures it out and says, "But it's a loving Dodge. I wouldn't spend 80k on a Dodge." The rest agree. "I would buy a 911 for 80k" one of them says, "It's nicer." He's missing the point of the Viper, I think to myself. I should let them know. I straighten my wife beater and tuss my blow out hairstyle. I walk over and they look down at the aluminum bat I have in my hand. "You talking poo poo bout my Viper?" I ask them, "I don't think you understand what a Viper is about. Let me show you some snakebite" as I start swinging for the fences.

:golfclap: nailed it.

The standard SRT suspension on his car is awful awful awful compared to the Bilsteins. The springs are way stiffer but the damping is much better, keeping the car from skipping around. You won't believe just how much faster that thing really is until the suspension is sorted out. The bit about the blonde had me laughing out loud, too. Brilliant writeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Muffinpox posted:

Yep, even with the terrible dampers it was still really quick, the only cars on street tires that were faster all had autocross tires and suspension.

The bit about the blonde actually happened, I laughed so hard when she said it.

Yeah, BUT LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THESE BALLS!!!

I scared the poo poo out of myself tonight with the blue car. Nothing on this earth movies like this car does, but I'm pretty sure without the Bilsteins instead of sliding sideways across 4 lanes on the power I'd have ended up in a tree. Sanity and this car simply have no relationship.

• Locked thread